50 Shades of Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we all know, Royal Purple has it's purple coloring, that goes away after a couple heating cycles, but that's beside the point. Other oils I saw with color in it is the Liqui Moly Molygen, which was green. And Castrol 0w30, which was green as well. Of course all oils turn goldish after a couple heating cycles, that burn off the artificial colors. But it looks great pouring out of a bottle during an oil change
smile.gif
I wonder what other oils have cool colors other than 50 Shades of gold? List any oils you have seen/used with artificial colors, and preferably something that is still available on the market.

With Pictures !! (if possible)

In Oz the only one I know is Royal Purple, but It's way over priced at $110 for 5L of RP HPS 5W30. So I have never cracked one open.

RedLine Race Oil has a nice bluish tint when new. Makes reading the dipstick after a change really easy. Not sure is standard RedLine is dyed or not.

Isn't Redline Shockproof Light a pastel blue color? I know the Shockproof Heavy is sort've a hot pink bright red color.

Holy cow SR5. Wow. It's available here for $37 at Wally world. Now I would rather buy Castrol Magnatec or gold bottle for well less than that.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Holy cow SR5. Wow. It's available here for $37 at Wally world. Now I would rather buy Castrol Magnatec or gold bottle for well less than that.

I know, that's why you have to follow the sales in Australia.

Regular price for Castrol Edge 5W30 A3/B4 or Edge 5W40 A3/B4 is about $70 for 5L. But this weekend you could pick it up at half price.

Originally Posted By: KL31
SCA have edge on sale in both 5W-30 variety and 5W-40 for $34.89.

And sensibly KL31 did pick up 10L of Edge 5W30.

Yeah SR5 $35 is well less than $70
smile.gif

I like getting the Havoline Pro DS for $19.99 at AAP when in a good sale. Or getting 2 filet mignon steaks for $14 instead of the regular price of $22.50.

I like getting the Havoline Pro DS for $19.99 at AAP when in a good sale.

Mate, that's a great synthetic oil at a great price. Nothing like that around me.

I like any coloured or naturally dark oil as it makes it much easier to read on the dipstick after an oil change. I run Red Line which is just darker than other oils, so that is good with me.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Isn't Redline Shockproof Light a pastel blue color? I know the Shockproof Heavy is sort've a hot pink bright red color.

Yes and is thick as snot.

Originally Posted By: SR5

I know, that's why you have to follow the sales in Australia.

Regular price for Castrol Edge 5W30 A3/B4 or Edge 5W40 A3/B4 is about $70 for 5L. But this weekend you could pick it up at half price.

Originally Posted By: KL31
SCA have edge on sale in both 5W-30 variety and 5W-40 for $34.89.

And sensibly KL31 did pick up 10L of Edge 5W30.

10L was almost a minimum buy at that price! As others have said, redline lightweight shockproof aka smurf blood is wonderful. Love the smell almost as much as the colour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back