time for brakes on my FX4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the web page for the possible rotors:
http://www.autohausaz.com/search/product.aspx?sid=utifj2ampsozcyezwnpt2045&makeid=54@Ford&modelid=96880~1257~2146~1~~6~8@F-150%20FX4%20&year=2011&cid=3@Brake&gid=1896@Disc%20Brake%20Rotor

and here's the page for pads:

http://www.autohausaz.com/search/product.aspx?sid=utifj2ampsozcyezwnpt2045&makeid=54@Ford&modelid=96880~1257~2146~1~~6~8@F-150%20FX4%20&year=2011&cid=3@Brake&gid=1684@Brake%20Pad%20Set

I am seriously considering the Centric "fleet performance pads" on the standard Centric rotors despite the pads propensity to eat the rotors up.If I get 40k out of this set up that's fine, the original rotors were pulsing at around that time and I have just put up with it. The truck has 97k miles on the original brakes so it isn't hard on the whoa stuff. I wouldn't mind it one bit if brake pads and rotors were shot at the same time, I've owned BMWs for years so I'm used to it. I'd much rather have both check out at the same time if I don't have to put up with pulsing for another 50k miles ha ha.

So what's the opinion of Centric rotors and pads? Good?

Thanks all!

I've had good luck with the premium centric rotors - I don't remeber the exact line at the moment. Never used thier brake pads before. My combination is usually centric rotors with Wagner thermoquiet brake pads or duralast gold depending on the situation.

I've run all the Centric pads from the cheapest to the fleet. I've never had bad luck with a set. The cheap ones are dusty but quiet. The fleet have very nice bite and are also quiet. Fleet are significantly less dusty than the bottom of the barrel pads. I think you'll like them.

Since rust isn't an issue in AZ you may be able to get away with the el cheapo Centric rotors. They seem to be half the price of the premiums. I noticed on your link the shipping is expensive. At least from their location to Ohio it is. You may want to order the parts on Amazon to save on shipping.

Centric Premium, Bosch Quietcast or Ford OE for rotors.

For pads, Ford OE. Some of the Akebono aftermarket line is okay, but not great. I really haven't had consistent results with aftermarket pads.

20k on wagner TQ's (ceramic) with AA Frontline rotors on my '11. So far they have been great. Occasionally a squeak here or there when cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back