Fav rum drink

Status
Not open for further replies.
What whats everyone's favorite rum drink? I've been a fan of Sailor Jerry's with vernors for many years but have recently been branching out. Just yesterday picked up a bottle of "pyrat" to try. Its not horrible but I'm not terrible impressed either. Currently its been relegated to use with rum and cokes.

Black seal ginger beer and black seal rum called "dark&stormy" is my rum drink
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Going back to when I did drink the hard stuff I would have the same drink my grandparents taught me how to make when I was 4, Cuba libre with Bacardi silver. I also enjoyed a Liquid Cocaine occasionally which here is Bacardi 151, Goldschlager, Rumple Minze, and Jagermeister, Tasted really good and looked awesome when mixed correctly.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Rum & Coke without the rum.

04.gif

I like Parrot Bay 90 and Coke Zero. Nice blend of flavor and strong enough to notice (vs the Parrot Bay 30)

Ti Punch. Cut quarter-sized slices from the outside of a lime, trying to get an equal thickness of rind and flesh. Add a little raw cane sugar or cane syrup (Lyle's Golden Syrup is pretty readily available). Squeeze two of the lime slices (the oil is more important than the juice) and muddle a bit with the sugar or syrup. Add at least a jigger of white rhum agricole (it needs to be agricole, preferably 100 proof) and stir. Add a few cubes of ice, if desired. This is a very popular drink in the French Caribbean islands.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Rum & Coke without the rum.

That is pretty much me as well. I don't like the taste of any alcohol be it beer, wine, or the hard stuff. Rum especially IMO is very strong so it is really low on the list for me to even try something with it in it. Just not a "drinker" which is why I usually don't post in the booze threads. But, I can in this one so I will.
grin.gif

There are a few alcoholic beverages that I don't mind but they are flavored with other stuff so you don't taste the booze in it for the most part. I always felt if I liked it because of ingredient X, and I couldn't really taste the booze, why drink it? Why not just drink ingredient X?

With all that said, there is one rum drink I actually like but again it is because of ingredient X. I used to get it years ago at a Chinese restaurant my friends and I would go to all the time. It was called a Pineapple Passion. Sounds kind of "girly" but it would floor King Kong if you weren't careful with it!

What the place did was mostly hollow out a whole pineapple( small to medium sized )to use as the container. The drink inside was a mix of rum, crushed pineapple, pineapple juice, and ice that was blended up like a very thin smoothie. It was really tasty with just a slight hint of run on the back. I tried one on a bet and liked it enough to have it a few other times. Haven't had one in years though as I just don't really like to drink. If I mix the crushed pineapple, pineapple juice, and ice together and blended it the taste is there so to me there is no need for the rum(IMO).

WARNING - don't eat the pineapple left inside the hollowed out whole pineapple!!! At least the place I would get it would soak the inside of the pineapple in rum for a while before using them to serve so the pineapple meat was some rugged let me tell you! After drinking the entire drink( you got a lot inside the pineapple )I was sort of numb to the rum taste and didn't notice it like I would otherwise. It knocked me for a loop! The waitress said it was because I ate the pineapple from inside.

Mount Gay XO neat or with ice if you are not used to drinking straight rum.

Florida De Cana with pineapple juice, coconut rum and a small amount of Pina colada mix and you will think you are on vacation at the beach

Rod

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: CT8
151 rum and Mexican coke.

Finally. We have a winner
smile.gif

If you like that, try this instead. It's only a little lower proof, but has wonderful Jamaican pot still flavor. Blows Bacardi 151 away.

W&N White Overproof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back