4. Kimi Raikkonen, 160
5. Sebastian Vettel, 153
Constructors
1. Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team,553
2. Red Bull Racing, 359
3. Scuderia Ferrari, 313
4. Sahara Force India F1 Team, 124
5. Williams Martini Racing, 121

For more, including track data, past results, and video check out my full post on TOV Motorsports

15_Japan_E_300DPI-886x498.jpg

HAHA Bottom_Feeder! I actually hope Lewis wins. I want it to come down to the last race. If no one is going to challenge Merc. let's at least have a good team battle until the end.

Bizarre McLaren Q1. With 4 minutes to go and ALO =13, BUT =18 (top 16 move on), the two Honda McLarens come out together but then separate rather than giving each other a tow. BUT ends up bumped and ALO barely in at 16. Announcers blame it on an improving track but it's hard to believe M/H is that far off at Honda's home track and ALO supposedly running an upgraded powerplant.

Embarrassing.

Last edited:
Good for Nico. We may not get new constructor at the top of the championship any time soon, but at least we may get a new driver. There's still plenty of points left but a 33 point lead is a nice buffer in case of a failure or crash.

Something major needs to change at McLaren.

Originally Posted By: Indydriver
Bizarre McLaren Q1. With 4 minutes to go and ALO =13, BUT =18 (top 16 move on), the two Honda McLarens come out together but then separate rather than giving each other a tow. BUT ends up bumped and ALO barely in at 16. Announcers blame it on an improving track but it's hard to believe M/H is that far off at Honda's home track and ALO supposedly running an upgraded powerplant.

Embarrassing.

Both Button and Alonso were saying before the race that it was going to be a tough day. Button started with a 35 grid spot penalty and spanked around in 21st position for most of the race, finishing 18th. How embarrassing that Honda couldn't do better in their home GP, even after all of the engine "upgrades". Maybe the problem is with the chassis?

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder

They can start by teaching their $40+ million dollar a year driver, how to operate a manual clutch system. Just like the other 19 drivers seem to be able to do. How many starts are they going to sit back and let this guy blow? If he was in the NHRA, he'd never qualify for a race.

Originally Posted By: billt460

They can start by teaching their $40+ million dollar a year driver, how to operate a manual clutch system. Just like the other 19 drivers seem to be able to do. How many starts are they going to sit back and let this guy blow? If he was in the NHRA, he'd never qualify for a race.

I didn't know Alonso and Button made that much.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I didn't know Alonso and Button made that much.

My mistake. But it doesn't change the fact if either of them had Hamilton's car, they could at least get it into the first corner without losing a half a dozen positions.

Agree with 'good for Nico'. He has been under tremendous duress while watching Hamilton's wins and championships. I hope after Austin that Lewis will man-up and congratulate his teammate for a well-deserved first championship during which Nico outran him at several tracks.

Last edited:
I hope after Austin that Lewis will man-up and congratulate his teammate for a well-deserved first championship during which Nico outran him at several tracks.

As did Verstappen yesterday. And that surprised me.

That little chase was fun to watch. The announcers seemed to think Lewis would get VES after DRS zone but he held his own. He is obviously a very talented driver. How long does Red Bull have him under contract?

That little chase was fun to watch. The announcers seemed to think Lewis would get VES after DRS zone but he held his own. He is obviously a very talented driver. How long does Red Bull have him under contract?

I'm not sure. But I think it's a very safe statement to say he's on the verge of signing a much more lucrative, longer one. I can't believe Hamilton did not catch him. Not only that, but it appeared he could not even gain on him. Mercedes has proven throughout the year they have the faster car, and a more powerful engine. It sure didn't appear so in this case, that's for sure. Even with DRS. An even bigger question is why Ricciardo finished over 30 seconds behind Verstappen?

Verstappen makes some weird moves on the straights and in the braking zones to forestall passing attempts. He did it to Raikonnen in the Spanish GP, and he did it to Hamilton in Japan. And other drivers have complained this year that he is making more than one move, which is against the rules, but he hasn't been penalized for it yet. I think he has the style of gradually deviating from the racing line to place his car in the way and can disguise two moves as one. Sometime a senior driver such as Raikonnen is going to sacrifice a front wing and use it to puncture one of Max's rear tires and send him on a wild ride.

Considering where they came from, I'd say they need to stay the course. They're developing much quicker than Ferrari.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back