New Big Block Chevy finally installed running....

Status
Not open for further replies.
[censored]....I fish bass tourneys out of a skeeter 20i w/250 Yamaha.

What are your speed goals? What boat?...

I've driven a 36 foot eliminator w/merc 1650s...140mph on the water is scary

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: FranklinJL

Absolutely agreed. At 120 mph it seems like the speed of light to me!!!

Thanks guys!

Targeting between 105 and 110.

Boats prior top speed was about 90-92 w a 500 HP SBC depending on load and conditions which felt pretty fast to me

The merc 1350 boats are just awesome I can't afford even one of them.

I do get to ride in in extreme rigs though, and th fastest Ive ever been is 150 in a DCB M35 that has gone 170.

I'm just a regular guy though not a baller, I had a little big of money vs. a vault full and I didn't want anything i'd have to work on or that would set off insurance flags off so none of the air pushing stuff anymore for me.

UD

Last edited:
Hot Rod boats are lots of fun. Over the decades I have owned a couple of flat bottoms. Fairly basic 454 bored out with Tunnel ram intake and headers port work . The engines that people build in their sleep fast enough yet reliable and you could ski with. I loved the time on the water chatting with other enthusiasts.

Originally Posted By: UncleDave

Thanks guys!

Targeting between 105 and 110.

Boats prior top speed was about 90-92 w a 500 HP SBC depending on load and conditions which felt pretty fast to me

The merc 1350 boats are just awesome I can't afford even one of them.

I do get to ride in in extreme rigs though, and th fastest Ive ever been is 150 in a DCB M35 that has gone 170.

I'm just a regular guy though not a baller, I had a little big of money vs. a vault full and I didn't want anything i'd have to work on or that would set off insurance flags off so none of the air pushing stuff anymore for me.

UD

I can't either.....one of my fishing buddies is rich...as luck would have it he's a terrible driver. 100mph in your boat is awesome, but be careful dude, no coming back you crash at that speed. All it takes is a random wake at that speed.

Those DCBs are nice hulls, had one pass me going about 160 during the poker run out here at Lake Havasu

I can't either.....one of my fishing buddies is rich...as luck would have it he's a terrible driver. 100mph in your boat is awesome, but be careful dude, no coming back you crash at that speed. All it takes is a random wake at that speed.

Those DCBs are nice hulls, had one pass me going about 160 during the poker run out here at Lake Havasu

Agreed - I wouldn't have gone up in HP and Torque if the little Sebring wasn't an absolute gem in the 90's.

At least at those speed your grandma could have driven the boat. It did nothing scary at all you could hold it wide open till the tanks drained.

Im going to very cautious taking it up in increments to insure it doesn't "get different" in the high 90's low 100's than it did in the high 90's

I'm not worried about the boat and very worried Ill blow the drive.

Havasu and Parker is where I go- send me a PM and I'll reach out to you when I bring it out and we can go for a ride. Always up for meeting new boater!

UD

Last edited:
You got any extra cooling for the gear sets in the drive? I think I'd be looking at Redline Light Shockproof for the drive. I dunno if Heavy would circulate correctly, but Light should work fine and it will save gears
smile.gif

https://www.redlineoil.com/product.aspx?pid=43&pcid=8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back