From code p0102 to p0113

Status
Not open for further replies.
2001 mazda tribute, 3.0L. Last week p0102 came on, in a few days at start it idled rough when cold, also stalling, when warm, all was good. Replaced maf sensor and IAC valve, also placed a new gasket on the maf housing. Checked all I could, vacuum hoses with starting fluid and carb. cleaner, no issues. Cleared the code p0102, went thru memory procedure and drove for nearly 20 miles, all running nice, no idle, no stall, no nothing, just running good. Shut vehicle off and restart, check engine light comes back on, now code p0113 comes up. ThiS is what I read,,Type powertrain-fuel and air metering-iso/sae control, Description intake air temperture sensor 1 circuit high, Location Bank 1.

What does that mean? I read the intake air temperature[IAt] sensor is built into the mass air flow sensor. Hoping to get a clue,before taking to a shop or fixing myself. Also drove the car today with the light on and car is running good, maybe better then before these last 2 codes, my oil light would blink at idle and go out when driving, now it doesn't come on, car is running good for 180,081 miles.

Last edited:
What kind of MAF sensor did you replace it with?

Might have a bad one. I am on aftermarket reman electronic throttle body #3 on an early 2000s Tahoe right now. First worked fine for a month, then threw a code, next wouldn't program at all, and third is working...for now... All looked like [censored] right out of the box.

First, I bought a maf sensor off of ebay, came with the housing, for a 01 ford escape 3.0L., same as a 01 mazda tribute 3.0. When placed the same code came back, p0102, it continue to come back when taken out. That maf sensor I sent back to seller, refunded. That maf had the same numbers inprinted on it. I figured it may of been bad, even though new. Now the one I have now, I purchased off rock auto, walker product. Now the code p0113 shows up. As said, the vehicle runs good,,,great. Just that light keeps opping up, every time I take out. Now I'm wondering, bank 1, sensor 1 is bad or going bad, if that is what is meant,above. Probably best to just pay for a diagnostic. The code p0102 has not returned since the maf sensor from rock auto was placed.

Last edited:
Sooooooooo, after checking out all the info.on the internet, it just may be that bank 1, sensor 1, upstream sensors provide feedback to the pcm that adjust the air/fuel mixture and affects how the vehicle runs,,,,so I "think" it's "possible" this sensor is bringing up this code p0113, it's a cheap fix,$25-$30.00. If that's the problem, again the tribute runs very good and had a no problem chilly morning start up. Will check to see if location for this sensor is fairly easy. Wowser, 231 looks and just 1 opinion,Thanks all for their input, any info or opinions are still appreciated. Enjoy this beautiful Saturday!!

Both codes you listed have "circuit" in their description. Any time you see that you look for an electrical problem in that sensor circuit, or an electrical fault in that specific sensor. MAF circuit code, followed by IAT circuit code, when both share the same connector, and harness, is sort of a starting point for a diag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back