Grease for F250 brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if Ford specs different or same grease for pins vs calipers/ears on F250 brakes? What kind? Thanks.

For caliper guide pins you should only use the highest quality silicone grease you can find, I recommend Wurth brand.

If you use really good stuff that doesn't dry out if you only lube them once every two years you should still be ok.

For pad ears just a touch of anti-seize on the tips.

With Wurth silicone lubricant it is also great for battery terminals and door seals if you get freezing rain.

I've been using Motorcraft XG3A for some years now with good results. Next time, though I might go with the jet-lube brand of silicone compound...

Interesting note, I was looking at a bottle o permatex aluminum antisieze the other day and it said specifically that it can be used on brake pins. I found that interesting. Never tried it, not sure if its ideal... but I bet its fine.

Originally Posted By: Falken
For caliper guide pins you should only use the highest quality silicone grease you can find, I recommend Wurth brand.

If you use really good stuff that doesn't dry out if you only lube them once every two years you should still be ok.

For pad ears just a touch of anti-seize on the tips.

With Wurth silicone lubricant it is also great for battery terminals and door seals if you get freezing rain.

Jeez that's one expensive grease! The Wurth website shows it at $32 for an 8 oz tube. I'll have to stay with Valvoline and the unwashed masses.

Silicone grease with PTFE for pins (I am using Volvo brand) and ceramic grease in spray for pad ears...first its soft...after that it dries out and protects from rust...

Originally Posted By: nthach
Dow 111, Sil-Glyde or any silicone-based rubber safe grease will do you.

I have been using NAPA's syl glide on the pins with zero issues, If the brake pads come with grease I would use that. The Malibu and Equinox have duralast c max gold pads and I used syl glide for the pins and the provided hardware for everything pad related and have zero issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back