VOA Mobil1 Euro Formula 0W40

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It is a serviceable oil."

This is good to know.
smile.gif

Thanks for the VOA OP. I don't think I have seen one since they went GTL.

Is this the FS version or the older formulation? You can probably still find the older version on store shelves.

You can get the Blackstone report without the personal information.

If you have an account at Blackstone-labs.net, log in, select the unit you want the UOA for, then check the box that says "Export without personal data"

If you don't have an account you can register here: http://www.blackstone-labs.net/(wmxisnv305vrd555vr0ajl45)/AccountStep_1.aspx
"After you've done your first sample with us, you can register here to view all your reports online."

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JC1
You should edit out your personal information on the image.

I used to, but since it's a business my name and address is plastered all over the place as it is. I just got tired of doing it.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Well it illustrates that the only thing more useless than a UOA is a VOA.

Depends on the intent. If i'm giving customers advice on how long they should run their oil, as well as monitoring engines for any adverse conditions for engines we build, you're [censored] right i'm sampling the oil.

For giving good advice you need to know what is in the virgin oil. I don't like paying for it, but you can't determine or project the degradation without it.

211 PPM of boron. I guess Mobil is finally listening to all the BITOG members complaining of increased engine noise and trying to make it quieter.
happy2.gif
happy2.gif

Originally Posted By: deven
211 PPM of boron. I guess Mobil is finally listening to all the BITOG members complaining of increased engine noise and trying to make it quieter.
happy2.gif
happy2.gif

My M1 0w40 VOA from 5 years ago.

Even Boron can't help Mobil 1 lol

The Corvette Racing Team sees no problem in using it as their preferred oil.

Originally Posted By: 69GTX
Even Boron can't help Mobil 1 lol

The Corvette Racing Team sees no problem in using it as their preferred oil.

Corvette Racing Team uses Mobil 1 to make their engines more quiet??

Originally Posted By: njohnson
What is going on with the zinc and phosphorus levels? On Mobil's Product Guide, which lists the levels, phosphorus is 1000, and zinc is 1100.

There always are batch variations and occasional reformulations. Personally, I'd also wonder what the error bars are on their tests, and these results might actually be pretty close, depending upon what those error bars might be.

Apparently so. And besides being more quiet, they seem to like M1 for optimizing speed and endurance performance? Who knew?

Originally Posted By: 69GTX

Apparently so. And besides being more quiet, they seem to like M1 for optimizing speed and endurance performance? Who knew?

You learn something new everyday lol!!

I'm willing to bet the Mobil1 formula the Corvette Racing Teams use isn't one of the off-the-shelf varieties. If that's true, using the Corvette Racing Team as an example is a moot point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back