2001 FXDWG / Valvoline ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a bike that hasn't ran for at least 2 years. My hips are pretty shot so I can't ride it. What are things I need to check or do, to get it runing. I bought a batt of course. LOL Once it is running, I would like to sell it. She won't be running much so I was wondering if a 20w50 Valvoline oil would be sufficient. It's 4stroke motorcycle oil. JASO MA SF/SG/SJ Does the 3qts cover anything else besides the crankcase. Thankyou for your inputs on this.

What is the bike? That will determine whether 20W-50 is correct more than anything else.

Edit: Whoops, I'm a dummy I didn't read the thread title. Yeah that Valvoline should be fine.

Last edited:
if the engine rotates the gummed up gas + carb i assume will be the biggest issue. sorry to hear you can't ride but it happens to all of us sooner or later!!

Today felt so Awesome. This Harley hasn't run in years. After putting in a new battery and changing oil, with B12 squirted in the carb and tank; I was totally shocked how fast she started. Man those Vance n Hines sounds great! She runs great, she idles great, no need to to take her to the shop. Wish I knew how to share photos of the bike.

Good to know you got it running. I use the Valvoline Vr1 20w50 racing oil in mine. Check the tires very closely. I once bought a bike that had sat for 10 years. The tires looked good, but on closer inspection they had cracks right down the middle of the tread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back