Purchased fiberglass ladder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally bought one. I ended up with a Werner 24' fiberglass Class 1A, 300 pound. Now to do some painting before winter hits.

Thanks for the advice on this purchase.

Last edited:
Best money you will ever spend. Cheap ladders can cause expensive and painful outcomes.

You want to be very, very careful working with ladders. Gravity is a weak natural force but not so weak up close that it won't inflict serious injury or kill you.

Originally Posted By: firemachine69
Those have a pretty steep cost, managed to snag one at a discount?

Nope, $249 plus tax.

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
You want to be very, very careful working with ladders. Gravity is a weak natural force but not so weak up close that it won't inflict serious injury or kill you.

Oh yes. I double check everything before climbing.

Originally Posted By: Tdbo
Best money you will ever spend. Cheap ladders can cause expensive and painful outcomes.

You got that right. Nice choice OP.

I'm forever in debt to the ladder industry because it added the word "pulltrusion" to my vocabulary.

Want a tip? Stencil your name and/or address and/or distinctive stripes onto your new ladder. Use contrasting colors.

Ladders are funny things.

We think they're just things but they walk away when you're not looking.

Originally Posted By: Kira
I'm forever in debt to the ladder industry because it added the word "pulltrusion" to my vocabulary.

Want a tip? Stencil your name and/or address and/or distinctive stripes onto your new ladder. Use contrasting colors.

Ladders are funny things.

We think they're just things but they walk away when you're not looking.

Good point, even for residential homeowner use. I have the company name on all my ladders. It's very easy for a contractor on a job site to conveniently add a ladder to his equipment inventory.

glass ladders are heavy which is why we never use them except for when working near electrical lines
a good 250-300 lb alum is what all painting contractors use

My 12' Werner step ladder in the yellow glass is still ALMOST as good as it was 17 years ago. Almost, because the glass ages and little itchy fibers are shed.

prs

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
That's an extension ladder, correct ? Do they even make 24 ft. step ladders ?

That would be one heavy ladder, wide too.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back