up in Heaven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Marco620
Bridge Design Engineer should go design for GM.Tired of bailing them out.

The GM "bail out" thing is as old and tiring on here as the dealer bash and Jiffy Lube Threads. It should be noted that in September GM sold more sedans accross all their lines than Ford did.

Camaro, Malibu, Impala, and Cruze outsold their Ford counterparts for the month of September.

It's simply amazing what you can do when its not your own money on the line .....

Should have let the invisible hand do what it does best and correct the market accordingly.

They should have been allowed to collapse under the weight of their own bad decisions.

For the amount of money given out to the automakers, you could have given every UAW member $60,000 to hold them over until someone with a proper brain picked up the pieces and reorganized.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: meborder
It's simply amazing what you can do when its not your own money on the line .....

Should have let the invisible hand do what it does best and correct the market accordingly.

They should have been allowed to collapse under the weight of their own bad decisions.

For the amount of money given out to the automakers, you could have given every UAW member $60,000 to hold them over until someone with a proper brain picked up the pieces and reorganized.

I wouldn't want to give a UAW member ANYTHING! They are/were part of the problem.

Last edited:
To a point, I agree. The UAW as a whole was part of the problem. The workers, by and large, are just regular people who are doing the best they can for their family.

My comment was more directed at the "to big to fail" mentality that sold the whole idea to the general public. To many families would have been hurt if we didn't bail them out. I think the money would have been better used to bail out the families, rather than the company that couldn't figure out out to make a profit or even break even.

I find compassion for those whose life is negativity affected through no fault of their own, but none for the organizations who caused the mess to begin with.

Why is this in the humor section?
Because I find it funny that there are still people out there who don't get it and reply with the "his get over it" replies as above. There are those of us out here that will NEVER get over it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back