Idle drops and hesitation

Status
Not open for further replies.
When my car is fully warmed up and i put it in drive with my foot on the brake i notice the idle drops down to like 580rpms and there is hesitation what can cause this? I already had the alternator and battery tested and they both passed. It only happens when i press the brake pedal the idle and hesitation happens. There is no cel on either but I noticed one of the brake light bulbs works off and on like there is a loose connection can this be the issue?

1994 Infiniti J30

Try cleaning throttle body. Thatd be first thing to try.after that check idle air control valve, it allows you to adjust the idle speed. Might just need adjusting.

Last edited:
Check the brake booster for vacuum leak. Check all vacuum hoses through the engine bay for secure fit to their various fittings. I just solved a similar issue on my Forester. It was a vacuum hose that went from the intake manifold just aft of the throttle body assembly and connected to a fitting on the fuel rail. It was not damaged, just fitting a little loose at the intake end due to the rubber had hardened up over time and heat cycles.

My former 95 Golf had up and down idlle and the idle screw at throttle butterfly axle was too much retrieved.

Last edited:
Only when you press the brake pedal sounds like a vacuum leak in the booster as was said above.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Astro14
Only when you press the brake pedal sounds like a vacuum leak in the booster as was said above.

+1

Also when im in drive foot on the brake pedal with lights on u hear a noise but when i turn the lights off it goes away im thinking alternator maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back