expert series ultimate gumout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Strange...I tried to look up the MSDS for this product and could not find an exact match for the product name.
I did find Gumout Expert Series All-In-One Fuel System cleaner (no Ultimate) and Expert Series Fuel System Treatment And Lubricant, and neither one has PEA by their MSDS'. Anything with Regane in the title appears to have 10-30% PEA, as does another product called Gumout All-In-One Complete Fuel System Cleaner.
But, the ad for the "Ultimate" product specifically mentions PEA...I'd assume it must have some, maybe they just don't have an MSDS posted or they just changed the name from something else??
Gumout MSDS Listing

There are more flavours of Gumout now than Oreos.

When I was a kid there was ONE Oreo...then it was Double Stuff, now there are like 11 different kinds...

Originally Posted By: WillsYoda
Do all the gumout products clear out water in the fuel? If not, which ones?

The Ethanol in gasoline will absorb any water in the fuel system.

HTH

Originally Posted By: gaijinnv

HTH

Here's an interesting publication from the EPA on the subject: Water Absorption in Gasoline With Ethanol

the paper seems to contradict itself in the conclusion, and please read it so u understand i am not taking out of context the below snips..

on the one hand it says:

"(Water
in the form of moisture in the air will generally not cause phase
separation.)"

then it says:

" one should be sure that the tank is full to
prevent condensation of water from the air"

Originally Posted By: John_Conrad

HTH

Here's an interesting publication from the EPA on the subject: Water Absorption in Gasoline With Ethanol

the paper seems to contradict itself in the conclusion, and please read it so u understand i am not taking out of context the below snips..

on the one hand it says:

"(Water
in the form of moisture in the air will generally not cause phase
separation.)"

then it says:

" one should be sure that the tank is full to
prevent condensation of water from the air"

I don't read those two quotes as a contradiction. I think if you read the first one emphasizing "MOISTURE IN" the air and the second one emphasizing "WATER FROM" the air, the distinction is clearer. I read it as meaning that as long as gasoline is subjected to only air, then absorption of the moisture in the air will be unlikely to amount to the critical amount of water in the gasoline to cause phase separation. However, if the moisture in the air condenses as water, and that water is allowed to mix with the gasoline, then there is a possibility for that amount of dissolved water to reach the critical amount necessary to cause phase separation.

In any event, getting back to the OP's question, ethanol in the gas will absorb water. As long as the amount of water absorbed is not sufficient to cause phase separation, then everything is fine.

HTH

well where else would water come from? if not from the air? (or an unscrupulous jobber, which is less likely today or contamination), because fractional distillation of crude oil should remove any water.
and on edit:

and anhydrous ethanol is used for gasohol in the usa.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back