Clutch pedal vibration/knocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
1994 Corolla: when I push the clutch pedal in (clutch disengaged) and give the engine some rpms, I hear a faint knocking sound and can feel a vibration in the pedal. With the pedal up(clutch engaged), there is no noise. Doesn't matter whether it's in or out of gear.

What are ya'lls best guesses??? Throwout bearing?

Thanks.
smile.gif

+1 for Throwout bearing. Probably time to pull the trans and have a look before it locks up on you. Not sure about Toyota but from my experience with Subaru's, its not something you want to let go, it can tear some stuff up if it locks up and cost pretty major $$

Last edited:
I like manuals but this is an example of the wear items in the units. Linings and throwout bearings, as well as master and slave cylinders or cables don't last forever.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
I like manuals but this is an example of the wear items in the units. Linings and throwout bearings, as well as master and slave cylinders or cables don't last forever.

While he is under his car, he should peel back the dust boot on the slave cylinder and look for fluid leaks.

Given the age of the car, I wouldn't be surprised of several things were failing at once.

Agree with throwout bearing; and while it is apart a new cluch is always a good idea, in addition to the inspections mentioned above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back