Ez Red flair nut Wrenchs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for a GOOD flare nut wrench set. Has anyone got experience with this set? So many wrenches are so fat that they won't work in tight spaces or if thin enough to fit will spread and slip if the nut is tight.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Smoky

Kobalt set has not failed me yet. Took off 8 brake lines from a 25 year old Volvo brake line junction block that's about the size of D battery.

http://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-3-Piece-Standard-Polished-Chrome-Metric-Wrench-Set/50124445

octopus1.jpg

I've got one single flare nut wrench for my Buick and it's a 15x17 Snap-on. I can't understand why guys buy a whole set of flare nut wrenches when they only have one size on their car.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I've got one single flare nut wrench for my Buick and it's a 15x17 Snap-on. I can't understand why guys buy a whole set of flare nut wrenches when they only have one size on their car.

If you think of them as a stronger, deeper open-end spanner that could make sense. They can't only be used on brake pipes, and standard open-ends aren't always effective. Plus cars get changed.

I have some King Tony and some cheaper Force. The King Tony's are deeper, and therefore probably stronger but the Force sometimes fit where the Tony's won't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back