2008 CRV Climate Control temp won't adjust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife has a 2008 CRV and for a while its been having problems with the temperature adjustment. Sometimes it wouldn't change between hot/cold and other times it would. Now just stuck on 'sort of cool' regardless of where the knob is turned (this is a manual a/c car). I'm not all that familiar with Hondas is this generally a temp control/switch problem or a a/c actuator issue, or something else I should trouble shoot?

If it is an electronic control panel system (where the blend door is operated by a motor not a cable) there is usually a built in self-test function. The way to self-test it would be described in the service manual.

Last edited:
Ran test procedure and got DTC indicator 2: A short in the air mix control motor circuit. Mix door motor isn't moving and I was going to have to take it off to trouble shoot it (looks like its sort of a pain) so I ordered another one and will give that a shot.

New blend door motor fixed it. Same type Denso motors that gave me all my A/C problems on my Cadillac. I sort of get them failing on a car with auto a/c because they are moving all the time, surprised to see one fail on a manual a/c car that is relativly new and has 80k miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back