New K1600B

Status
Not open for further replies.
The BMW I-6 is a nice engine. The big downside for me has always been the size of the bikes it comes in. If I were looking for a bike in the Bagger, large Sport-tourer, or Touring bike class, I'd seriously consider the BMW's.

No doubt it will be a very nice bike. I rode a K1600 when they first came out a few years ago, what an engine! The bagger doesn't look quite right to me from the side-on angle for some reason.

Reminds me a lot of the Honda Goldwing F6b. I'm not sure if I like the fairing from the front. I'm sure it's fast and comfortable.

They get 45 ish at legal speeds.

Up next, forward conversion and floor boards. Ape angers. LOUD exhausts. Chrome covers for everything. And leather with fringe. Fringe. And get back whips.

BMW cuts

graphite half hemets,

chaps and fingerless gloves.

Rod

Last edited:
That is impressive fuel economy for an inline 6 producing 160hp and 129 lb-ft torque !! With the 6.9 US gallon tank that gives it some legs.

I could see me getting one of these if the fiancee continues to gain interest in touring. And if the pricing is not insane.

I test rode a K1600GTL when they were fairly new to market. Dealer had a sweet deal on their demo model.Fantastic engine, fantastic platform, but a little too Buck Rogers/George Jetson for me. Never thought that an engine would be TOO smooth.

I ended up liking the R1200RT better.

NB: the simplicity of servicing the RT using tools that already existed in my garage had a significant impact on my decision making process there

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ragtoplvr
They get 45 ish at legal speeds.

Up next, forward conversion and floor boards. Ape angers. LOUD exhausts. Chrome covers for everything. And leather with fringe. Fringe. And get back whips.

BMW cuts

graphite half hemets,

chaps and fingerless gloves.

Rod

LOL not all us Harley guys are like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back