How well do Discount Tire wheels hold up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MB WHEELS

The link is above if you click on it. They are made by MB. Only has a one year finish warranty. Will these just look like trash in a few years? How well do they hold up compared to steel? Easy to dent? Thanks

Last edited:
I put the MB 'Seven' wheel from DT on an 01 Civic years ago while on a DT tire wheel promo, replacing the the rusty OE steelies. I couldn't be more satisfied. They've held up well and clean up very easily and were a great value on promo. Looks like DT may have discontinued the 'Seven' model now. IME, the MB's well worth it.

mbmsev.large.jpg

I've got the same wheel as Sayjac in use on a set of snow tires for our Explorer. 3 of the 4 are still perfect after 4 winters, the other has a bit of corrosion near the edge between two of the spokes.

For the price, I've got no complaints. They were part of a snow tire and wheel package.

I've done nothing to mine. The only cleaning they get is an occasional car wash. Honestly, I'm not concerned about how they look - only care that they work!

I'll say rust not much of an issue here, NC. Other than wash them along with car I never did anything else to them. I'd imagine if you live in an area where salt and sand is used in winter time, a layer of wax might be useful. The rust I mentioned on the OE steelies, just the typical ime surface rust the appears with time and use. Really here the Seven's have remained rust free since purchase.

We have no snow or salt here, but my dad had some MB aluminum wheels on his Duramax Silverado for years before he traded it in. They looked like new. That's with a lot of off-road driving too.

My brother has some steel Unique wheels from Discount Tire, they've held up pretty good. They came with the Jeep when he bought it 5-1/2 years ago. Maybe a little faded now from Phoenix sun.

put a set of cheap drag DR19 on my 2001 TT, look good + holding up, although car is pampered but took a lot of wheel weights to balance. 17 X 7.5" wheel is pretty light with a nice lip on them! had cheap replicas for snow tyres on my jetta that were good as well. buying wheels with tyres mounted + balanced can save $$$$, easy to bolt on at home!!!

the above mentioned wheels came from discount tire, gotta price shop as prices change as does quality!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back