Google Pixel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The specs on these phones are top notch but I'm not quite sold on the design. Google claims it has the best camera but it's the same exact module on my 5X. I'm very disappointed that they're so expensive I've had a Nexus since the Galaxy Nexus and this is Samsung pricing. Whats everyone's opinion about these new Nexus Pixel phones?

Its kind of the same camera.

Different processing and software though give it more features.

For example pixel offers video stabilization, smartburst photos, and HDR+ mode.

The nexus 5x was overpriced at launch. it was really a 350$ phone or so.

The pixel is overpriced at launch it should really be a $500-$550 phone instead of $679
It is always very difficult to charge extra for software features vs hardware.

My take is .. I'll wait 9-12 months and pick one up for 400$ or less.

I wonder if the 5x and 6p will get the new software or if it's Pixel only.

I paid $330 for my 5x and for the price its a great little phone. I still can't believe that they're launching Pixels at that price.

I was looking at that last night. Looks like a ripoff of the iPhone. It was good to see that it had a headphone plug.

The software to transition from iPhone seemed neat, hopefully Apple will have the same thing so people can easily swap back and forth. And yes, a LOT of $$$, especially since apparently there is no micro SD card.

So, like, most of the complaints that people used against iPhones, now embodied as a look-alike droid phone, so now its OK...

What's with the phone only offering two years of OS updates and three years of security updates from launch??!? Heck, my 2012 iOs devices are only getting cut off from full upgrades now in 2016.

Google's habit of dumping products and ending support abruptly give me pause about buying anything marketed by them. I'm sure it's a nice phone, but it's far from the only nice phone, so I don't see the compelling reason big enough to overcome their flakiness when it comes to anything except mail and search.

I don't like Googles approach to two year support. My iPhone 6 plus is doing great on iOS 10 and I'm sure todays Android phones can run most than 2 operating systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back