New Ruger LCP 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Stewart Fan
I considered holding out for the LCP2, but couldn't pass up a new LCP for $175 yesterday

Yeah that's a good deal.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis

I think this will be my next purchase for sure over the American compact.

Better buy it quick before Ruger intros another one! You were buying the American compact yesterday.
crazy.gif

Definite family resemblance to the American series. The designers are into angles, lines, and geometric shapes.

Originally Posted By: Stewart Fan
I considered holding out for the LCP2, but couldn't pass up a new LCP for $175 yesterday

Wise. Mine for $199 is fine. My wife painted the front sight with white-white finger nail polish about 6+ months ago and after many trips to the range, 500+ rounds and carrying it has not needed retouched.

Slide locking is not required, trigger is perfect (IMHO)..I prefer the one piece trigger, grip for me is perfect. The slide lock and trigger safety certainly do not make it more reliable. Less, if anything. I actually would opt for the old one. And the new one is actually uglier (IMHO) If the "old one" drops in price..jump on it!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis

I think this will be my next purchase for sure over the American compact.

Better buy it quick before Ruger intros another one! You were buying the American compact yesterday.
crazy.gif

Definite family resemblance to the American series. The designers are into angles, lines, and geometric shapes.

I want both but the pocket gun is more practical and will help me shed the weight of my shield edc

My first gen LCP is approaching 8 or 9 years old. Fantastic gun, 100% reliable since new.

I'll definitely buy one of these new LCP 2 pistols to try. I WILL wait until its been on the market for 12-18 months. Ruger uses the public to beta test their pistols, then they make fixes and upgrades. So I'll wait a bit to buy one. Oh, and I absolutely WONT be selling my old LCP. One of the things I've learned over the years, is that if you have a really good, reliable .380 pistol, DO NOT SELL IT. Ever. .380 pistols can be finicky, so dont sell a good one. Just my hard learned opinion.

This looks like a great little gun, and will further differentiate it from the Kel-tec P-3AT from which it was based copied. I like the serration treatment they gave the slide. The American-ish grip styling doesn't bother me and they, wisely, blended the backstrap into the frame with a curve. I don't mind two-piece triggers, and it sounds like they've made this one much lighter, which could be good. I also love that it has a last round hold-open. I really appreciate that in a firearm. This could effectively retire my extremely trustworthy Kel-tec P-32.

I like that Ruger seems to be listening to their audience lately. For a while there, you pretty much couldn't buy a Ruger that didn't have a manual safety, a magazine disconnect, and a mechanical loaded chamber indicator. I like how they've offered versions without that stuff in their "Pro" models, and I also like how they're not priced $100 higher just because they expect them to be the more attractive option for those who have the choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back