What brand of air tools is the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Aircat 1150 and am well satisfied with it, I had the IR 2135 TI max and wasn't happy with that gun at all, it started out well enough but soon became gutless and rattled apart. The old IR231 was a great gun but its not sold anymore just a Chinese copy of the original.
There are other guns that I would say are better than either just from using them but they are difficult to obtain in the US so its sort of pointless mentioning them. If you want to import them, the Hazet 9012EL-SPC and Atlas Copco W2815 pro are better built are as strong if not stronger.
For the $$ the Aircat 1150 gets my vote, do not buy the 1200 with pin clutch mechanism, they are not well suited for automotive work, twin hammer only.

^^ I'm very happy with my Aircat 1150 as well. I have an old Blue Point and there is no comparison, the Aircat blows it away.

Another vote here for the aircat 1150. Lots of power and rebuild kits available, not that i will use it enough to need one.

The high torque is not the only feature your looking for in automotive use, a pin clutch mechanism will achieve max torque right out of the gate, great for heavy construction size building bolts and nuts not common automotive use.
A large double hammer mechanism hammers the fastener loose while building torque relatively slowly in comparison providing more control and many fewer damaged and broken fasteners.

Most (all of them AFAIK) high torque cordless use a pin clutch to compensate for their smaller electric motors, they cant generate the same amount of torque if it were driving a hammer mechanism.
They are a little safer than their air powered cousins with this clutch that can be 1/2 again as powerful and more. This make them safe enough for most knuckle busting jobs but not for fasteners that need just a light hit then hand torquing,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back