CHEVRON DELO Reveals their line up of CK-4/FA-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we'll be able to walk into walmart and grab a gallon of Delo XLE 10W30 for $14 anymore. At least not after the current CJ-4 version is bought up.

If it is a much more complex formulation, the price is going to reflect that (or so it would seem to me). I still look forward to getting started with the new stuff.

if the base oil is roughly the same, then the price difference would be mainly due to different add pack. Shouldn't be much, it's a mass production.

So, according to Chevron bot xW-30 and xW-40 are >3.5 cP HT/HS viscosity ... Which tells me they will be a thin 40 and thick 30
smile.gif
So I'll be happy with the new 10W-30 as my defualt general purpose oil. A thick 30 is good enough for 90% of what I have.

Or I'll run Delo 100 SAE 30HD, and not be bothered if the price is to high ...

When you mention price, are you referring to the price of the monograde, or the new formulation multi grades? The only thing that may make me shy away from Delo 30 in the future is the fact that I can't get it inexpensively in quarts, and quarts are way more handy for me than gallon jugs. I'm at $4.19 a quart at my local Napa for Delo SAE 30, which isn't terrible, but is a bit high. They never run the gallons of 30 on sale like the 15W-40.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back