Interesting Choice - Four Wheeler Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/engine/1608-5-things-to-help-combat-and-cure-a-cold-cummins/

09-adding-royal-purple-10w-40.jpg

http://www.royalpurpleconsumer.com/wp-content/uploads/PS_HPS_Motor_OIl.pdf

No approvals...
No certifications...
No recommendations...

Originally Posted By: Ramblejam
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Guess which company paid to have the article written?

Yes, I know...but why are they dumping HPS into a late-model Cummins and not their Duralec?

http://www.royalpurplecommercial.com/product-categories/heavy-duty-motor-oils/
Or, for that matter, any of the major manufacturers' 5W40 full synthetic, like T6, Delvac 1, or Delo? RP definitely paid for that article, everything they used was RP.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
RP definitely paid for that article, everything they used was RP.

Ya got yer oil, then yer coolant flush, then yer water wetter, then yer fuel additive.

Yep, got 'er done!

Has anybody noticed the dwindling shelf space that Royal Purple oils are getting in your local autoparts and big box stores? I've been noticing that in my hometown.

Is that stuff a gimmick? Ive never seen that stuff or heard of it except from a few people on "the internet" that thinks its cool

Last edited:
JDM - Go to their website - they also produce an industrial product line - industry application was actually the first time I saw their stuff used.
I use one product line for outboard only ...

Last edited:
According to Userfriendly, 10w40 won't cut it in a Canadian winter.
I go 60/40 anti-freeze, #1 or 1.5 grade grease and 75W110 gear lube.
Transfer cases get synthetic THF like Mobil's Hydraul Extra or PC's Duratran syn.
Snow-flake rubber went on 2 days ago, 275/65/20 studded RW-11s, and they have 1,200 miles on them already.
(Nice rain storm today in Saskatchewan Sud, Garrak).

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gfh77665
The eternal, irrational, blind hatred of Royal Purple products on BITOG never ends...

No, a product that over promises get scrutinised...and criticised

"hatred" is a word that fanbois like to trot out on their pet product.

The eternal, irrational, blind hatred of Royal Purple products on BITOG never ends...

No one "hates" Royal Purple products. We will always point out the gaps between hype/marketing/buz versus value in the real world.

RP and its proponents routinely present "facts" which cannot be substantiated while many cheaper alternatives seem to be quite comparable...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

No one "hates" Royal Purple products.

LOL! RP has been called every derogatory name in the book here on BITOG over the past 10 years.
A "JUNK OIL" A 'total scam", "It made my '74 Yugo run ruff", and on and on. Its been mindlessly bashed unmercifully through the years.

Incredible, the vast majority of the haters have never even USED IT.

Its been mindlessly bashed unmercifully through the years.

You've got to admit that it get's mindlessly supported too.

Discussions about why certain grades only appear to be PAO on their PDS (e.g. pumping between their 0W20 and 0W40) are swept under the carpet by the fanbois, and the questioners labelled "haters" (see a pattern).

I used the 75W140 in the diff of my Nissan, it turned black, and was gluggy when drained...it's a fact, not hate.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Its been mindlessly bashed unmercifully through the years.

You've got to admit that it get's mindlessly supported too.

Nope. The negativity through the years is basically a 90/10 split. I only supported it after getting great results with it for 10K intervals many times.

BTW, I am not a "fanboy". I no longer use RP because I do not have vehicles that would benefit much from a premium oil. (two work trucks, 1997 Chevy PU, 1998 Ford PU, etc.)

Also, it s noteworthy their industrial lubes are World Class!

Sometimes our car club gets some 50w for free from some of thier bulk sales folks....I think it's pretty good stuff...I use thier gear oil along with redline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back