Racing oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I was in Concord NC at antique mall and spied 6quarts of this oil. Didn't look for date and price was $19.00 per quart. Thought I would share

281gad2.jpg

Nice stuff, but add-pak not complete for daily driver use ...

But, see that is very light oil and they are running that in some Pro-Stock's. Good for 4 HP or so over a 30 racing oil at 8,000+ RPM. The downside is parts carnage. Some engine builders w/o big-time sponsors just can't afford the parts budget ...

Last edited:
There's a paper, or a pointer, over in the Technical Papers Forum referencing Reher Morrison discussing super light oils, and what they have found in their clients motors/programs.

You have to start out with an engine built for light oils with very precise tolerances/clearances, different oil pumping regimen, and highly polished surfaces, nitride treated surfaces, etc. Then you get one run per, and hopefully it survives, but a lot apparently don't ...

Lifespan including tune, burn-out, staging and run can be measured in minutes ...
33.gif

Nice. I bought a quart of that from Summit or Jegs years ago when it seemed like it was being discontinued or they were going to stop carrying it. I think it was 4 bucks for the quart I bought. I put some in a container for Blackstone but have not sent it in yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back