Outdoor kitchen

Status
Not open for further replies.
After working on it intermittently for quite a while (as time and $$$ would allow), we finally finished our outdoor kitchen a few weeks ago. Just in time for it to stop being over 100 degrees every day so we actually feel like using it!

And here's a few of the whole area

120" projection screen with Bluetooth speakers

And here's everything all lit up at night

The unused hole in the T is going to branch off into at least 2 more gas connections for whatever we need (I already have the parts, I just haven't installed them yet). A patio heater is probably the most "needed" right now, as it's finally starting to get a bit chilly at night, but a portable oven, second set of burners (we have an old camp stove I can drill out the jets on to accomodate natural gas), tabletop grill (so we can do the same thing as those Korean/Japanese BBQ places we like so much that have the grills in the middle of the table), and a big-[censored] burner for boiling and frying are all possibilities. Quick connects and long hoses will make it easy to swap around for what we're actually using at the time.

Last edited:
Good job man! only sort of issue i see is the type of bulbs you used for your lighting. We have a very large patio and sit outdoors and grill out and i had to change all my bulbs to the LED yellow due to the bugs. I see you have a few ducks so maybe they feast on all your bugs.. Also i dont see any flowers...Marigolds are great for repelling insects as well.

I like your cabinet work..looks like angle iron and flat bar with self tappers?

PS i got my LED yellow bulbs at wal-mart..if u go that route. Supposed to last 10 years or something like that.

Actually it's roof drip edge painted black. A lot cheaper than angle iron. The Z-shaped braces are flat bar steel though. Haven't really had a problem with flying bugs - just roaches, which the chickens and ducks seem to be doing a good job of keeping under control, and ants which remain a constant pain in the backside - and I don't think I'd be able to stand yellow light to be honest.

Our dirt is absolute [censored] (very hard clay that might as well be rock in some places) and it probably rains 5-10 times a year so I really don't want to mess with flowers. Besides, the birds would eat them.

Last edited:
Where's the smoker? The Pizza oven?

Just kidding (sort of). Nice work, looks good, but of course what is far more important is using it with friends and family. A tin pot dug into the ground is awesome if it's got hot coals and something cooking in it every day.

Wow! You did an awesome job.

I have a flood light fixture on the side of my house, for years I had regular CFL bulbs in there and the bugs loved them.

Switched to regular LED bulbs and the bugs are about 95% gone

Originally Posted By: Shannow
OK, I'm officially handing you my man-card.

You did really, really good there.

Lol, thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back