2016 Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have my SuperView account ready and I will be watching. Super pumped for this. Happy to see Simona De Silvestro get a ride full time next season.

The "GTR" livery on the Nissans gave me the warms and fuzzies through the week.

The Bathurst radio station is "B-Rock" (only radio that I listen to), and had lots of memorial stuff for Brockie this week, being 10 years without him.

Have arranged monday off, so can get a little "happy" race day.

Very cool. I still need to go to Bathurst one of these years. Maybe time it right so I catch the AFL or NRL Grand Final the week before.

Originally Posted By: double vanos
Simona De Silvestro is a FOX !

I met her at Fontana one year and turned into a blubbering idiot. I always thought she was way better looking than Danica.

Love Aussie racing. Those guys out redneck ours. Would love to see Bathurst and Sydney. Even a crocodile would be cool,from a far distance.

Originally Posted By: Marco620
Those guys out redneck ours.

Bogans!
beer3.gif

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Very cool. I still need to go to Bathurst one of these years. Maybe time it right so I catch the AFL or NRL Grand Final the week before.

You've been talking about this for a couple of years now, time to act! I fear you've left it too late though...V8 Supercars will die a slow death now that Falcon is dead, and Commodore has one foot in the grave.

That's been mulling over my thoughts all day today also.

No Falcon, no Commodore, then no reason to pretend that there's a V-8 engines RWD Altima either.

That being said, Bathurst has always been the best of races.

I haven't watched it since Sky got the rights to screen, that means no more free to air. Pity, because it's going to rain on Sunday, and I don't mind sitting inside with beers watching TV on a wet day. We're heading up to the Big Smoke anyway.

Originally Posted By: hpb
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

You've been talking about this for a couple of years now, time to act! I fear you've left it too late though...V8 Supercars will die a slow death now that Falcon is dead, and Commodore has one foot in the grave.

Isn't it just "Supercars" already? There's no reference to V8 now. I've never been interested in watching Ford Vs Holden and I turned off after the 1992 season. The current platform breathed some life back into the series and I'm looking forward to the next evolution.

Originally Posted By: Silk
I haven't watched it since Sky got the rights to screen, that means no more free to air. Pity, because it's going to rain on Sunday, and I don't mind sitting inside with beers watching TV on a wet day. We're heading up to the Big Smoke anyway.

Silk, you should be able to find a pub to watch it in. It's a long race, so you may have your wobbly boots on when you leave.

The first three on pole are: 88 Whincup - GM Holden, 33 McLaughin - Volvo, and 55 Mostert - Ford.

There is only 1/10 of a second between those three.

We are heading to Auckland in the afternoon and getting back late - but I might stream the start and watch the first hour (2 hours later here). I'll be wishing Scotty luck as I drive my Volvo north. I checked the oil today, and the dipstick tube was full of water, these 3km commutes are not good for it, a couple of 100km runs tomorrow should burn that off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back