2003 Suburban Z71

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my current project. A 2003 Z71 Suburban 4wd with a 5.3 and a 4L60 trans with 211K Miles. Pd $1500 with new front rotors and pads installed. I did a tuneup on it, the plugs were NGK with about .80 gaps..so i replaced with TR55 NGK plugs at .40 gap. I went ahead and refreshed everything..air filter, new plug wires, new front and rear diff fluids, new trans filter and fluid, new waterpump, pulleys, tensioners and belts fresh dexcool. Monroe Reflex shocks all way around. I bought all parts at advance with $40 off $100. Took 5 orders to do it all. I did a 4 wheel alignment today and have soft 8 rims ordered to go with my mastercraft courser takeoffs from another flip. I will take pics of the new rims and tires when they are done. The headliner has a couple of small issues along with the driver seat. I found a local upholstery shop to do that work next week. The rear bumper has a few rust spots, I may do it myself but have a local painter that will do it for cheap. Front chevy badge is in the glovebox...I am going to install it this weekend after i paint it.

So all in I should have around $2500-$2750 for a fresh, clean and tight Suburban.

Nice score. My only suggestion would be to ditch the Z71 decal above the tail lamp and just leave the stock emblem on the C pillar.

Originally Posted By: RhondaHonda
Nice score. My only suggestion would be to ditch the Z71 decal above the tail lamp and just leave the stock emblem on the C pillar.

Lol yeah thats a little bit over the top. I forgot to mention that i yellowed out the fog lamps. I didnt like the clear lamps as well.

I have been working on Fords the past month flipping and selling..makes me appreciate these chevys..everything is so much easier to work on and get to.

My buddy has that exact truck. He bought it new in '03 and currently has 240k on it. Drives it daily and he loves it. He's never had any problems with it. Original fuel pump, brake lines, and transmission.

Nice price. Too bad someone rattle canned the original wheels flat black, but at that price who cares. I think the Soft 8s will look better.

These trucks are pretty easy to work on.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
Nice price. Too bad someone rattle canned the original wheels flat black, but at that price who cares. I think the Soft 8s will look better.

These trucks are pretty easy to work on.

yeah i got the rims on need to take pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back