Gm/chevrolet guys please help! 04 silverado airbag

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely removed the passenger seat from the truck yesterday and looked at all wires. None looked as if they were pinched rubbing or anything out of the ordinary. When you first turn the truck on yes both the on and off illuminate on the mirror then the off stays on. Before when I had the switch by the radio to the off position the light would stay on. Today I turned the switch to auto and started the truck and the light was out.

If the DTC light in the cluster isn't illuminated and the indicators in the rear view mirror are behaving normally, not much to do except hope it stays that way.

I haven't tried it yet but I'm going to turn the switch back to off and see if the light comes back on.

If you turn the keyed airbag shutoff switch to off and the warning light in the cluster comes back on, I would bet on that switch being bad. I have never sold one, but that's the only thing that really makes sense if that happens.

In auto, the SIR (airbag) system will turn off the passenger airbag if the PPS sensor doesn't detect weight over its threshold. The off position is just an override that turns the passenger airbag off all the time. So if the system is fine in auto but not off, it almost has to be that switch.

If all remains well when you turn the switch to off, just leave it alone and don't worry about it.

Replaced the switch problem fixed. Airbag light doest come on with it in the off or auto position so I consider this fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back