Shell Rotella T4 15W40 and T5 syn blend 15W40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw these new bottles of Shell T4 15W40 and T5 15W40 at Wal-Mart last night. Never heard of T4 before and never seen synthetic blend 15W40 at my local store.

shell.jpg

shell_back.jpg

t5_front.jpg

t5_back.jpg

The diesel oil section is getting bigger at Walmart. My guess is because lots of bro types are shopping there for diesel oil. There are even 2 gallon jugs of Supertech 15w-40!

T4 is a new name for triple protection (which wasn't T3 and confusing)

T5 15w40 is rare. I got 12gallons at sam's club last year on clearance for 6$ each. I use it in Tractors mostly.

The t5 15w40 is NOT Jaso MA or MA2 so maybe not suitable for use in shared sump motorcycles.

The increased shear stability of T4 is good news for [shared sump] motorcycle users of the Triple Protection formulation...

These are the new bottles - which means it's the CK-4 formulation!
Any chance someone wants to pick some up and run a VOA?

Originally Posted By: Solarent

Go for it!!!

I will probably get a voa of either T5 or T6 in January. I'm waiting to sample the actual oil that I put in my Detroit (whichever I decide) and want to use from a single batch that is all bottled the same day. I need ten gallons per oci.

I would gladly post the voa on BITOG, but it's going to be a few months from now. I had planned to switch to T5 already but I had a coupon and rebates for Delvac so I took advantage of those.

I have been using T4 in my motorcycle for the past dozen years or so. This is the go to oil for many bikers.

Originally Posted By: dustyroads

I will probably get a voa of either T5 or T6 in January. I'm waiting to sample the actual oil that I put in my Detroit (whichever I decide) and want to use from a single batch that is all bottled the same day. I need ten gallons per oci.

I would gladly post the voa on BITOG, but it's going to be a few months from now. I had planned to switch to T5 already but I had a coupon and rebates for Delvac so I took advantage of those.

Quoting myself to say...sorry, no VOA of any Rotella oils from me. I have found a new place to get my truck serviced and they use Delo XLE. If they don't mess up, I will probably stick with them. There is a new VOA of T4 10W30 in the VOA section, provided by a new member.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back