Valvoline 15w/40 & Valvoline 15w/40 Max Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought 3 gallons of the white bottle to try in my 2010 Ram 6.7.
Typically use Delvac 1300. One thing that I noticed was the color of the Valvoline was much lighter. Doesn't mean anything I know just an observation.
I don't expect to notice any difference.

oh they arent officially vetted by cummins! i would stickk to what officially cummins vetted from valvoline

Last edited:
If they're going to do a synthetic blend, why not make it a 10w40? They might be able to convert some RT6 users to 10w40 if it was priced at $15/gallon. I would consider it at that price.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hollnagelc
Here is the virgin sample as promised.

Is the viscosity 16.11 or 18.11? Probably 16.11 butI can't make it out.

Originally Posted By: JStep
I just got of a chat with Valvoline as I noticed these products at Wally World as well. They are supposed to email me some product specs for the oil. They advised that these are different products re-formulated for Wally World. They are NOT the same as VPB. They advised that since it was a new formulation, they will not be seeking the Cummins endorsement on these products. So I am not sure how they compare to Premium Blue. Also, the advised the Premium Blue products listed on their site as the 8100es series is the same ole Premium Blue with new labeling. I will post the info I get from them as soon as I get the email.

Did they say anything about additional seal conditioners for the Maxlife diesel oil? This is the case for the gasoline Maxlife oils, just was wondering if it was the same for the diesel version.

Originally Posted By: 3311
Originally Posted By: hollnagelc
Here is the virgin sample as promised.

Is the viscosity 16.11 or 18.11? Probably 16.11 butI can't make it out.

Code:

ALUMINUM 1

CHROMIUM 0

IRON 1

COPPER 1

LEAD 0

TIN 0

MOLYBDENUM 63

NICKEL 0

MANGANESE 0

SILVER 0

TITANIUM 0

POTASSIUM 1

BORON 3

SILICON 5

SODIUM 2

CALCIUM 1076

MAGNESIUM 1099

PHOSPHORUS 1012

ZINC 1236

BARIUM 0

TBN TOTAL BASE 8.5

SUS VIS @ 210° F 82.4

cSt VIS @ 100° C 16.11

Thanks for the info and VOA! Hasn't looked at other Valvoline hdeo's recently but it's interesting to see moly.

Is there a link somewhere to the PDS for Maxlife 15w40 HD in the red bottle? I wanted to see how it compared to the VOA that was graciously posted up by hollnagelc.

Thanks

It says right on the bottles meets Cummins CES 20081 Should try it in my RAM this week It meets Cummins Specs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back