Do you hate it when people aren't mechanically inc

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always seem to get criticized for working on stuff and fixing this and that, making too much noise. etc. Then those same people have the nerve to come and ask me for advice or help. Seriously?

"Do you hate it when people are not mechanically inclined"? Answer: Only if they are working on my stuff.

Originally Posted By: Jimkobb
"Do you hate it when people are not mechanically inclined"? Answer: Only if they are working on my stuff.

It wouldn't let me type anymore.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
You should see my wife try to use a screw driver....good grief!

I didn't know you could go wrong using a screw driver, other than pointing it towards yourself.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
You should see my wife try to use a screw driver....good grief!

I didn't know you could go wrong using a screw driver, other than pointing it towards yourself.
she can. Rounds out screws,slips and scratches the wall etc my drill master cordless drill got away from her but she had her finger on the switch so she screamed ,dropped it and ran.

so she screamed ,dropped it and ran.

Then blamed you, and all men everywhere, then watched reruns of 'the view?' while screaming 'You go girl' at the TV?

I don't hate it to much when people aren't mechanically inclined. What I absolutely cant stand is when people don't attempt something because they are afraid or don't think they can do it. I'm not talking about climbing a skyscraper but simple things. People ask me to look at broken stuff or fix something for them and they haven't even looked at it themselves. I am at the point where when people ask me to do something or look at something I just say ok then ignore it until they are fed up from me taking my sweet time and look at it themselves. I always get asked how do you know so much or how did you know how to do that. I tell them I didn't know how to do whatever I did but i had an idea how to attempt what I was doing. People are so afraid to attempt things and In turn people lose alot of money. Just go to a yard sale and look at the stuff people are getting rid of. I have like 6 free weedwackers from the side of the road that all work fine.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: joegreen
I don't hate it to much when people aren't mechanically inclined. What I absolutely cant stand is when people don't attempt something because they are afraid or don't think they can do it. I'm not talking about climbing a skyscraper but simple things. People ask me to look at broken stuff or fix something for them and they haven't even looked at it themselves. I am at the point where when people ask me to do something or look at something I just say ok then ignore it until they are fed up from me taking my sweet time and look at it themselves. I always get asked how do you know so much or how did you know how to do that. I tell them I didn't know how to do whatever I did but i had an idea how to attempt what I was doing. People are so afraid to attempt things and In turn people lose alot of money. Just go to a yard sale and look at the stuff people are getting rid of. I have like 6 free weedwackers from the side of the road that all work fine.

01.gif

Growing up my cousin was a great fabricator. When we worked on or souped up/modifyed our cars and something didnt fit perfect, he found a way to make it work and seemed pleased with his work. A job well done!

Me on the other hand, I need(ed) a straightforward install and a manual or directions to the TEE or I would get mad or frustrated and give up. I taught him alot though because sometimes he could not grasp some concepts but his knowledge base was in a different area. So, things that were easy to me may have not of made sense to him and vice versa.

Its like I got into car audio and cars in general first and knew a bit. Then I helped him some and he just took off and did smart jobs.

Last edited:
I hate when people are not mechanically inclined, and want to look through the pieces of their boat or equipment, point to things they don't know the name of, and decide that our diagnosis is incorrect and that they actually know what is going wrong.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
I hate when people are not mechanically inclined, and want to look through the pieces of their boat or equipment, point to things they don't know the name of, and decide that our diagnosis is incorrect and that they actually know what is going wrong.

Kinda like when customers come into YOUR service department and think they know more than YOU because some jackoff screwed them at Jiffy Lube once.

Like, "Yessir, I'm trying to rob you because of course 8+ liters of quality oil, an OEM filter, and 20 minutes labor COULDN'T POSSIBLY cost $150..."

"OF COURSE I can do a $29.95 oil change on your Touareg. Enjoy your Carquest brand filter and 10W-30" Idiot.

Or, "No, you don't need new tires, I must be lying to make $2.50 each. Carry on with your MayPops sir."

I always seem to get criticized for working on stuff and fixing this and that, making too much noise. etc. Then those same people have the nerve to come and ask me for advice or help. Seriously?

Have you looked at your own posts here?

For example, here you can't figure out how to do something as simple as a carburetor adjustment. And here you can't figure out a simple window leak. Here you can't figure out if your warranty is voided, and here you don't understand the basics of an engine, and here you can't manage something as simple as hooking up an hour meter.

I'm sure many others "hate it" when someone can't do something as simple as post a UOA on the forum.

And there are plenty of other times when you have asked for help and advice-even relationship advice. And now you have the nerve to complain because people apparently ask you for help and advice? You are a poster child for the idiom "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

For example, here you can't figure out how to do something as simple as a carburetor adjustment. And here you can't figure out a simple window leak. Here you can't figure out if your warranty is voided, and here you don't understand the basics of an engine, and here you can't manage something as simple as hooking up an hour meter.

I'm sure many others "hate it" when someone can't do something as simple as post a UOA on the forum.

And there are plenty of other times when you have asked for help and advice-even relationship advice. And now you have the nerve to complain because people apparently ask you for help and advice? You are a poster child for the idiom "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".

PopRivit, you must have a photographic memory. How did you remember all of those posts?

Here is a classic - https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4219191/tire_plug_problems#Post4219191

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: artbuc
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

PopRivit, you must have a photographic memory. How did you remember all of those posts?

Here is a classic - https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4219191/tire_plug_problems#Post4219191

In this modern age, one doesn't have to have a photographic memory--just a passing memory will suffice, along with google to help. Type in "site:bobistheoilguy.com motor_oil_madman" and odds are one will find the thread they are thinking of; maybe toss in a term or two to help narrow it down.

The air handling unit (i.e. furnace) is making a rattling noise. We need to get the A/C vendor in to look at it. It was the aluminum ladder stored leaning against the return ductwork. That'll be a $69.95 service call mam.

Someone is in a bad mood today.....

q6h5u.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back