Any possible internal damage or future issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my oil changed at a quick change shop. Shortly after I noticed a burning oil smell but having 0 problems in the past and it being a relativly new car (2013 camaro LFX V6 ) 50k miles I just thought it could be the car ahead lf me ect.. well exactly 7 days having drivin only 517 miles I heard what sounded like my tire exploded. Being around the corner from my house I parked and there was oil everywhere..halfway back my car..and dripping all over the road. Turned out to be the oil filter O ring was installed on the wrong groove causing the failure. Shop ownerstold me to get it towed. The shop admitted fault. With that said, the repair bill was only 91 dollars (a Chevy dealership).. they changed the filter, checked for codes, and drove it for 3miles. My question is, with how loud the "explosion" which I presume was a buildup of pressure due to the O ring) was and with the burning oil smell...there had to be a imbalance in oil pressure during the 517 miles I drove. Is there any chance there's hidden damage to the internals even slightly and what would be affected? Better yet any potential things that could go wrong later on due to the failure?

It's only been 2 days and the normal engine noise (ticks ect..) seems to be "slightly" louder.. There's been 2 or 3 times where the engine also sputters for a few seconds when idleing at a red light. None of this happened before.. But it still runs strong as ever. Thank you for your time.

It's possible that excessive crankcase pressure could have blown out a seal, or blown off a vacuum line. Especially on the PCV valve. Vac leak would explain the sputtering at idle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back