Turn Signal Flashers on the Side Mirrors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a good idea. You can see the turn signal flashing on both the front and the back side of the mirror. I would definitely factor that feature into the purchase of a new car.

l7.jpg

l8.jpg

My 2015 malibu has the turn signals in the mirrors. Its a nice feature i just dont see how to change the bulb out if it was to go out.

Someone at your side may see the mirror mount lights but not the forward or rear. I like the arrows in the mirrors I see in some trucks.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rolla07
I dont see the point..its redundant. You have flashers up front and behind already...
People in the lane along side you can't see the front or rear signal.

Very useful for letting the guy in the next lane know you're coming. Our 2004 has those and turning lights in the side bumpers too. Hard to miss.

Originally Posted By: DeepFriar
Very useful for letting the guy in the next lane know you're coming. Our 2004 has those and turning lights in the side bumpers too. Hard to miss.

Maybe if you were paying attention you'd know there was a vehicle in the next lane, and adjust your lane change so you didn't cut them off. It should be up to you to find adequate space to merge, not just assume the vehicle that is there will let you barge into the lane because you have a dozen flashing lights on the side of your vehicle that scream "Get outta the way, here I come".

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

Maybe if you were paying attention you'd know there was a vehicle in the next lane, and adjust your lane change so you didn't cut them off. It should be up to you to find adequate space to merge, not just assume the vehicle that is there will let you barge into the lane because you have a dozen flashing lights on the side of your vehicle that scream "Get outta the way, here I come".

Uh, I've driven many a mile alongside other vehicles. Slowly passing perhaps (think 3 or more lanes, so not obstructing anyone), or just heavy traffic (all lanes in use, and about the same speed). It may not be wise to park in someone's blind spot--and I don't--but ultimately, in order to pass someone, you do wind up passing their blind spot. And that can be in the same spot where you can't see their blinkers.

Might as well argue against the usage of blinkers. I mean, 99% of the time you can tell when someone is going to change lanes, even if they don't use their blinkers. Why bother?

I'm fine with blinkers on mirrors. My VW had blinkers on the fenders, and while not as good, I always felt I downgraded in that feature when I gave up on my VW.

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
I dont see the point..its redundant. You have flashers up front and behind already...

UHHHM, NOPE,
without that feature (on a semitruck) i would probably not be here, but under the wheels of the right turning over 2 lanes oil cistern truck.

Next they will be mounted on top like you see on vehicles working in construction zones. Big flashing arrow pointing to either the left or right, and they still get run over or side swiped.

LOL they have had these in Europe for decades but on the sides of the cars. Silly north americans just catching on now...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
LOL they have had these in Europe for decades but on the sides of the cars. Silly north americans just catching on now...
My grandmother's 2002 Chevy Trailblazer has it. Not a new thing.

Uh, Poprivet, what part of my reply indicated to you that I barge into lanes? I don't. Take a pill before you start pounding keys.

Last edited:
Uh, Poprivet, what part of my reply indicated to you that I barge into lanes? I don't. Take a pill before you start pounding keys.

In addition I think a little courtesy goes a long way. EVERY time I see someone trying to get over I'll let them cut in front of me if possible. A lot of accidents can be avoided by doing this. The blinker in the mirrors just helps in visibility. I like the idea too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back