Bridestone Ecopia 422 vs Fuzion Touring

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Bridgestone Ecopia 422s on my Saab 9-5. I have a slow leak on one tire that I need to address. Instead of patching, I thought I'd just swap in two Fuzion Touring tires that I have. The specs on the Fuzions are a little better. They have 6/32 vs 5/32 and they are 97 load vs the Ecopia's 93.

Is this a good move?

Last edited:
The Fuzions will probably be ok for use as spares like you'd be using them, but get real tires as soon as you can
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: ET16
Is this a good move?

"Good", of course, is subjective. By "good", what do you mean? Is it a safe move? Sure, as long as the Fuzion tires are in good shape, aren't of significant age, don't have a lot of cracking, etc. "Good" in terms of will you like them better? Probably not...unless the Bridgestones have uneven wear or feathering, the Fuzions will likely be louder and will likely ride harsher. The Fuzions may offer better handling (stiffer tire). Depending on what you like in a tire, you may or may not like the change.

Fuzion is a Bridgestone brand. I put one set on my sons Focus many moons ago. Wore well (40,000+). Rode harder Conti's they replaced(if memory serves me well). Never a problem in rain. Never used in snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back