Lucas Oil Stop Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.
1999 Chevy Malibu, 3.1 V6, 220K Miles

This is my g/f's car. We have always used only 10W30 or 10W40 semi synthetic VML in the engine. Today we added 16 oz. of Lucas Oil Stop Leak. Has anyone ever used this additive before? What were your results? Also, being I went to the full synthetic VML, does it have a better add package than semi synthetic VML?
Any opinions and all advice is greatly appreciated. Thank You!

thumbsup2.gif
34.gif

Well, i havnt used the oil vers, I have the power steering stop leak in my bmw currently, and prior to adding it I had to add half a qt every 2 weeks, I siphoned out my ps, added lucas then atf (atf in the ps for bmws) , next morning not a drop. Been 6 months no drops, no whines in system, no top ups.

Originally Posted By: Marco620
If your looking for a stop leak that does something try Liquimoly Motor Oil Saver. Drive it 30 minutes after adding. Its the cats meow.

I have used this product in the past with great results. Had NAPA auto parts carried it in stock (where I usually order it) I would have chosen it instead. My dad used it, along with semi synthetic 5W20 VML, to completely stop a RMS leak on his 06 LTC.
While purchasing the VML and FU filters at WM I decided to buy the LUCAS product and give it a try. And, was looking for any testimonial replies about it on the oil forum.
thumbsup2.gif
34.gif

I'm on my phone so I can't find it. Somewhere on a diesel forum one of the engineers who was contacted to develope that stop leak praises it and explains how it works. It's not a simple sweller. We used it on a blazer and it actually worked pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back