Where do your cars sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a whirlwind of activity this is what I ended up with:

It's a [censored] pic, but what lives under the cover, because I can't help but show it off:

Someday I aspire to have that clean of a garage... especially like the smooth polished concrete floor that appears to have an epoxy coating? mmmmmm...

Originally Posted By: Dorian
I would sleep in that garage.

Too clinical. I'd keep waking up thinking I was in surgery.

Mine sleep under the stars
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: deven
How are you able to have euro plates?

Guessing NC only requires a rear license plate - so he can put a euro plate up front.

My vehicles don't "sleep". However we do park the Cadillac and Equinox in the attached garage; the pickup and Durango are parked out in the shop along with the tractors.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
My vehicles don't "sleep". However we do park the Cadillac and Equinox in the attached garage; the pickup and Durango are parked out in the shop along with the tractors.

You'd be surprised; after a time the Phaetons modules all shut down and the car actually does go to "sleep."

Originally Posted By: SOHCman
Someday I aspire to have that clean of a garage... especially like the smooth polished concrete floor that appears to have an epoxy coating? mmmmmm...

It's Rust-Oleum Rock Solid Metallic Epoxy. Saw it at Lowe's and figured it would be worth a go. Followed the directions and it's holding up well.

Originally Posted By: Dorian
I would sleep in that garage.

I haven't had to yet!
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: cpayne5
Originally Posted By: deven
How are you able to have euro plates?

Guessing NC only requires a rear license plate - so he can put a euro plate up front.

That's right! The car was delivered with with a paint matched front frame. The original owner never had a plate on it and I thought it was ugly, so I got a euro plate to match my NC plate. I've since put a repro Wolfsburg shield and inspection month sticker on the plate to complete the look.

Last edited:
Two in my garage, one in my driveway and one in Mom's garage.

And yes they can sleep. Heck they can be brain-dead if the PCM goes out, so why can't they also sleep?

Used to be adamant about garaging my cars. Detailing weekly as well. But as I've gotten older and now past the anal-auto stage, I park them in the driveway or in front of our home. I have better uses for my garage.

Originally Posted By: andrewg
Used to be adamant about garaging my cars. Detailing weekly as well. But as I've gotten older and now past the anal-auto stage, I park them in the driveway or in front of our home. I have better uses for my garage.

I'm home 1/4 of each year so the car stays in the garage, pristine and ready. There's also something to caring for a vehicle that I consider irreplaceable. They only sold about 2300 in the US, after all. I like mine to stay an example of what a good one looks like.

Not worth much to the world, but worth a lot to me.

The XC60, which my wife drives everyday, stays in the driveway unless there is a hail or severe wind warning.

I've got the house garage for the dailey drivers then a 60x60 workshop for my toys. Everything has an indoor spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back