My Campy Record equipped Seven Axiom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello:

Just a few pictures of one of my road bikes, this one my 1999 titanium Seven. All my bikes are full custom framesets because of size and handling preferences. Take a close look at the welds and mechanical details. Super sexy stuff IMO!

Scott

Originally Posted By: Mark_Walk
very nice machine. my son went to college on a cycling scholarship...everyone in our family rides a lot.

Thank you. And, wow, a cycling scholarship. Very, very rare. I'm impressed. Road, mountain, cross, or track?

Scott

That's a nice looking bike
smile.gif

Thanks Guys!

My wife calls the Seven my "titanium mistress".

I'll post some pictures of my 1994 Saso (not to be confused with "Salsa"). Only 400 or 500 Saso frames were ever built; meticulously hand built by just one guy - Dale Saso. This frame is a spectacular fillet brazed beauty using a Tange Prestige/Ultimate tubeset. The finishing of the fillets is absolutely perfect.

My wife calls the Saso my "steel mistress". I've ridden "her" over 35K miles!

Scott

That SEVEN is beautiful. And that's from a MTB guy(Specialized Stumpy FSR XC). I'd love to see pics of the SASO.

NICE!!
20.gif
thumbsup2.gif
(It's a work of FINE art!)

I have an older Record 10 equipped, Sommerville, Mass. built, 2000 Merlin Road, also with King headset and Speedplay 'lollipops'.

IF I ever 'upgrade' (
lol.gif
?) to a carbon framed bike, I want Seven to custom build one for me right here in the USA.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Mark_Walk
very nice machine. my son went to college on a cycling scholarship...everyone in our family rides a lot.

He raced Road in the Spring and Cross Country (Mtn) in the Fall.....for Lindsey Wilson College. Small school, but Div. 1 in cycling.

Very nice.
smile.gif

I have an old Raleigh, not sure on the year but I got it back in 1984 from a guy I was in the dorms with while in the Air Force. It has served me well and I have at least accomplished a century on it. Now working back up to another century some time in my future.

I'm also in thinking of riding in the Assault on Mt. Mitchell It is supposed to be one of the best rides on the east coast.

Originally Posted By: Rat407
Very nice.
smile.gif

......I'm also in thinking of riding in the Assault on Mt. Mitchell It is supposed to be one of the best rides on the east coast.

That ride looks like a fantastic event, exactly the type of racing/riding I enjoy. Check out the 2015 male finishing times for the top 3 riders. Not only was their average speed nearly 20MPH, the top three finished within 1 second of each other. And let me assure you, these guys were not finishing in a friendly group targeting the same time. They were gunning it out to the very end. I love competition like this!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott

PS, a bit of a ramble, but on one monstrous sprint over a mountain summit my heart rate monitor hit a momentary peak of 203 BPM. This was in my prime, but I was still so over the limit I remember almost peeing in my riding shorts as a crested the pass in a group sprint. No joke!

Originally Posted By: SLO_Town
Hello:

Just a few pictures of one of my road bikes, this one my 1999 titanium Seven. All my bikes are full custom framesets because of size and handling preferences. Take a close look at the welds and mechanical details. Super sexy stuff IMO!

Scott

Love my Seven Axiom Steel. I've owned it from November 1998,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back