2009 Nissan Navara D40 2.5L/ Redline 5w30 15.560KM

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey oil maniacs!

heres my UOA from my Nissan Navara Diesel 2.5L with Redline 5w30 for 15.560km (1 year and 2 months)
MANN 920/6 oil filter during that OCI

i think redline its doing well BUT! Greek Distributor has retail prices to 18 euro per quart right now so i was shocked! from 11 euro i used on the last OCI....so i gave up Redline and now i have filled with AMSOIL Signature Series 5w30 with a very nice price at 10 euro per quart, also Fram Ultra
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: spiderbypass
Does your vehicle have standard emissions or aftermarket? It is an awesome report.

oops sorry for the looooong delay...it is a euro 4 diesel but it is running a free flow cat and blocked egr if that answers your question !

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Which Amsoil product code are you using; it isn't ASL?

yes ASL

Originally Posted By: tgiannak
Originally Posted By: spiderbypass
Does your vehicle have standard emissions or aftermarket? It is an awesome report.

oops sorry for the looooong delay...it is a euro 4 diesel but it is running a free flow cat and blocked egr if that answers your question !

Blocking the EGR and gutting the CAT will make no real difference to the UOA results, but they sure do make this car illegal in insurance terms and emissions terms.
NOX causes about 40 thousand premature deaths in the UK every year, so it's far worse than the results of bad DPF systems. Both the CAT and EGR need to be working correctly to reduce NOX emissions.

The ECU will log a hidden fault code if you jam the EGR shut and they are checked after a serious accident by most insurance investigators, unless the vehicle is in such a bad state that the ECU can't be read.

Last edited:
Cars in an accident get brought to my place of work... NEVER has an insurance inspector asked for the ecu or hooked a laptop/code reader up. They're only interested in the price of repairs.

Insurance investigators don't get involved too much in terms of looking for ways to dodge a claim unless it's a serious accident. Cars involved in serious accidents are nearly always written off and that means a visit to the dealer or inspection center to determine the cause of the accident. That wiil involve a code reader use if the car has an ECU that can be read. In some countries a Police inspector does the job if it's a fatal accident. In the UK it's a main dealership and in Germany it's a TUV inspection center. The tyres, brakes, suspension, steering, air bags and seat belts all have to be inspected prior to the vehicle being scrapped or handed back to the owner. I suppose some newer cars even get repaired

The cheaper online insurance companies go to a lot of trouble investigating serious claims and use a version of Google commercial search that is very similar to one the Police use and they will find forum posts from the owner or driver very quickly. That way they know what to look for if the vehicle has been modified.

Last edited:
I've read that 90% of statistics are made up on the spot (range has varied over the years)....I find the 40,000 britons due to NOx to be an interestingly high one of them...

Originally Posted By: UltrafanUK
Insurance investigators don't get involved too much in terms of looking for ways to dodge a claim unless it's a serious accident. Cars involved in serious accidents are nearly always written off and that means a visit to the dealer or inspection center to determine the cause of the accident. That wiil involve a code reader use if the car has an ECU that can be read. In some countries a Police inspector does the job if it's a fatal accident. In the UK it's a main dealership and in Germany it's a TUV inspection center. The tyres, brakes, suspension, steering, air bags and seat belts all have to be inspected prior to the vehicle being scrapped or handed back to the owner. I suppose some newer cars even get repaired

The cheaper online insurance companies go to a lot of trouble investigating serious claims and use a version of Google commercial search that is very similar to one the Police use and they will find forum posts from the owner or driver very quickly. That way they know what to look for if the vehicle has been modified.

If this is true then I feel truly sorry for you guys across the pond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back