Prime Guard Oil Filter Cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. I ordered a case of Prime Guard Oil filters from ebay. They seem to do the job despite being cheap and the whole generic made in china thing. I have friends that use them with nearing 100K on their truck with no issues. Upon opening up the filter it seems pretty decent quality, 60 Fins etc. I will attach photos below, tell me what your thoughts are. Don't mind the scrapes on the fins- that was from the saw.

Originally Posted By: KingCake
Yikes they're like 6-8 bucks on ebay. Just get a fram TG.

I agree, if you want cheaper get a supertech at WM.

Paid $24 for a case of 12, but shipping was an addition. So I'd say minus shipping they are pretty much equal in price to ST filters. A lot of the prices vary on ebay, some are way to high as you saw. Thanks for the replies.

If these are the same as "Premium Guard" filters,head on over to your local Parts Plus store and buy their blue homebrand filters....they are $2-3....

As with most of the filters with this COO posted here, new or post use, they 'appear' fairly well made. With few if any exception though you'll find no efficiency rating for them. For some that's not important or priority, which is fine. I'd just say 'if' efficiency is not important, then 'imo' all filters including those made in US too would/should also be judged with the same criteria. Basically by appearance and construction. My .02

Thanks for c&p.

This filter looks exactly like the Federated Auto Parts PG2500F filter I bought yesterday, appears so as the part number "2500 is the same". Only difference is my filter is white and its not a prime guard. Center tube is the same, can style is the same, if thats how they are built, I'll use them with confidence. The filter I have, the can is heavy and seems well built.

I buy this filter at my local Rural King for $1.99. I have a thread on here after 6k miles of use. Held up pretty well, but it's a single oil change filter. I definitely would go extended with this.

L8R,
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back