Seen at WalMart T&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZjeff

$50 Site Donor 2023
So I stopped by Wallyworld to give back some oil I was done with and pulled up to the bay door to get the jugs out. In the next lane was an early 2000s Corolla maybe and the service writer was getting the info from the owner. I had to go inside to sign the used oil book and passed the Corolla owner talking to someone just inside the door. As I was approaching my car the service writer was trying to get into the Corolla but the door handle appeared to be stuck. He reached into the window and tried the inside handle with no luck so he whipped out his 4" tactical folding knife and tried to pry the handle open first from the top then from the bottom. He looked up and saw me watching and I told him the owner was right inside the door. He said OK and stopped. No way he didn't mark up the plastic handle and/or surround. Seriously??

Did you inform the owner?

On one hand, an owner with a faulty door handle likely doesn't much care about their car (I find door handle operation essential, even in a beater, as it's a safety function). That said, damage related to this is on Wally. I'm also pretty sure that I learned around three or four years of age not to pry things with a knife.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
So I stopped by Wallyworld

Right there is your first mistake. The rest was all downhill.

Had that been a Chrysler product,reaching inside would have activated the door lock override and it would have opened.However....it was just a Toyota...

who would take their car to walmart for service; who would work at walmart? (no offence to the hundreds of thousands of people that are working for the late Sam Walton.....)

Perhaps that response sounds snarky or crass: certainly I am not above working at any establishment or any job - but, it would not surprise me that any Walmart employee might perhaps not be sensitive to certain aspects of car etiquette that most of us are. I've got friends who would probably do the same thing. of course, one of those friends (very nice, and very entertaining) has ruined at least 3 car engines and a boat engine due to ignorance and neglect. (engine toast - 70k miles on a K-car; 35k miles engine toast on a Durango; a Cutlass engine, ran it out of oil; boat engine - did not drain it before winter)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tomcat27
who would take their car to walmart for service; who would work at walmart? (no offence to the hundreds of thousands of people that are working for the late Sam Walton.....)

Perhaps that response sounds snarky or crass: certainly I am not above working at any establishment or any job - but, it would not surprise me that any Walmart employee might perhaps not be sensitive to certain aspects of car etiquette that most of us are. I've got friends who would probably do the same thing. of course, one of those friends (very nice, and very entertaining) has ruined at least 3 car engines and a boat engine due to ignorance and neglect. (engine toast - 70k miles on a K-car; 35k miles engine toast on a Durango; a Cutlass engine, ran it out of oil; boat engine - did not drain it before winter)

You're right, it does sound snarky and crass. I'm not following your connection between an idiot who can't maintain his machines and someone working at Walmart. Does your friend work at Walmart?

What's T&A? Tires and Air?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: tomcat27

Around 600 people in the town I live in work for WalMart. The distribution center pays well for a rural area. I've worked there myself.

Originally Posted By: cb_13
Around 600 people in the town I live in work for WalMart. The distribution center pays well for a rural area. I've worked there myself.

Nice to hear the positive comments about them as well. No place is perfect.

So if you google walmart T & A you get something very different lol

for example this site
http://w ww.peopleofwalmart.com

NOTE ABOVE SITE IS NOT BITOG APPROVED OR WORK FRIENDLY.

Therefore you must manually type it in and remove the space.
BUT it is hilarious.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Originally Posted By: AZjeff
So I stopped by Wallyworld

Right there is your first mistake. The rest was all downhill.

How was it my mistake? I was dropping off oil for recycling. Read all the sentences.

It's actually Auto and Tire Center but T&A is more fun...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: eljefino
What's T&A? Tires and Air?
laugh.gif

Haha when I read the title I was maybe thinking there was an almost naked chick in the Toyota woohoo!!

Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral
I clicked on this thinking AZJeff had found pics of the 1 attractive female Walmart shopper in the lower 48. . . .

In rural Maine I found some real beauty at Walmart in the 20-25 year range. My guess college coeds summer job as they spoke very eloquently compared to the seasoned locals.

With reference to the bad employee, I belive Walmart is the largest employer so a few bad apples is likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back