Valve Cover Gasket and Tranny Fluid Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
I'd do some drain and fills spaced out at least 500 miles.
I'm not criticizing, I'm just curious why many people say to go some distance or time between drain & fills. Since fluid is constantly flowing through the system whenever the engine is running, wouldn't just idling for a few minutes thoroughly mix the old and new fluid? I know some vehicles don't run the pump in park, but even so I would think a trip around the block would be sufficient.

Originally Posted By: Lubener

I consider a screen as a filter.I see benefits cleaning the screen and the pan's interior. I would cringe at the idea of you working on my car.

Not need to cringe. Removing and cleaning the screen is just a feel good repair.

Thank you for the replies everyone. Only reason I come here is because I know that I know very little about working with cars and a lot of BITOGers know more than me. I'm 20 and I tool around on the car when I'm free (first car I ever worked on). I started only a few months ago so any and all advice is helpful and I like gathering information before I actually do any work.

Amazon may be the least cost to purchase Mobil 3309. Same as dealer ATF, T-IV. Buy a case of 12 and plan on multiple drain/fills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back