Supertech Filters back on the shelf at Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just went to pick up some oil and filter for my vehicle, and noticed a limited number Supertech brand oil filters on the shelf. Before anyone states this, no they are not old stock, all of those have been gone for several years, these are new and have a different appearance (color and labeling)than the old Supertech filters. Does anyone know who is making these filters? Has anyone cut open any of the new filters? I previously used Supertech filters for my Victory motorcycle, because it was better and about 1/4 of the cost of the OEM branded filter, when they stopped selling I switched to a Champ filter.

Originally Posted By: Lubener
WIX. Basically same as NAPA Pro Select.

+1 It is a decent filter for your basic oil changes.

In point of fact Wix was sold by Affinia Group to Mann&Humell. In personal use with Napa Gold, I've experienced no change or fall off in quality from Affinia/Wix made to this point.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
Isn't Wix now Purolator?

This is like saying Scion owns Lexus.

Mann+Hummel owns Purolator and WIX. I personally think they make some quality stuff.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Yup Wix sold out... Sad but true..

Nah wix is smart. Walmart ordered a billion filters to stock the shelves and all wix has to do is paint the proSelect cans.

Now the war chest is full of money to make their filters even better.

Originally Posted By: THafeez
Whats the difference between Napa Gold and Platinum?

The Platinum is their full synthetic media filter, whereas the NAPA Gold is cellulose. The Gold actually has a better efficiency than the Platinum, but the Platinum is designed for long OCIs for guys who use full synthetic oil.

Didn't someone figure that the new ST filters were only like 70% efficient? If so, they can stay right there on the shelf.

Originally Posted By: chainblu
Didn't someone figure that the new ST filters were only like 70% efficient? If so, they can stay right there on the shelf.

So are most OE filters off the assembly line. Air filter efficiency is what matters.

Originally Posted By: KingCake
Originally Posted By: chainblu

So are most OE filters off the assembly line. Air filter efficiency is what matters.

x2

Also, what would happen if the oil pumps GPM's exceeds what the filter is rated for? Say a new car with a non worn oil pump.

More bypass would mean less efficiency.

Not the filters fault in this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back