Found a use for the Lubegard Biotech/0w20 Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before I swapped back to Pennzoil I was swapping oil filters half way through oci and just refilling filter with Lubegard Biotech Castrol Edge 0w20 brew. Went to use bathroom tonight after visiting local mexican restaurant and "the fan" was a groaning. I had the idea during the torture time to think of a fix. So I went to my stash remembering I had the frankenbrew and apply to the moving parts via Q tip. Its never ran this well and sounds like a harrier jet. I had sprayed wd40 over past,but it never worked.Might even save electricity now as it takes less energy to move the fan?

Originally Posted By: Marco620
Before I swapped back to Pennzoil I was swapping oil filters half way through oci and just refilling filter with Lubegard Biotech Castrol Edge 0w20 brew. Went to use bathroom tonight after visiting local mexican restaurant and "the fan" was a groaning. I had the idea during the torture time to think of a fix. So I went to my stash remembering I had the frankenbrew and apply to the moving parts via Q tip. Its never ran this well and sounds like a harrier jet. I had sprayed wd40 over past,but it never worked.Might even save electricity now as it takes less energy to move the fan?

Post of the year. Serious.

Would make sense if you posted this in the humor section. But yeah, this post doesn't make much sense.

Originally Posted By: Farmer
Would make sense if you posted this in the humor section. But yeah, this post doesn't make much sense.

Yes, probably should be in the humor section, but those of us, and I bet that is quite a few, have been in that exact same situation.

Humor? He had a ventilation fan with dry bearings, the oil filled the bearings and saved the motor from burning up. Probably sleeve bearings.

The only "funny" thing I read, is that perhaps he should have used a non detergent oil. If that is all you had on hand, it's better than nothing at all.

Last edited:
Thanks Vern in IL . It was all I had and it has worked honestly. House was built in 85 so I bet they are sleeve bearings in fan. I will probably use this brew on hinges,etc as its what I got. Apparently I was supposed to put this in humor section but I found my actions to fixing a problem anything but funny.

Originally Posted By: Marco620
Thanks Vern in IL . It was all I had and it has worked honestly. House was built in 85 so I bet they are sleeve bearings in fan. I will probably use this brew on hinges,etc as its what I got. Apparently I was supposed to put this in humor section but I found my actions to fixing a problem anything but funny.

For me the humor was in the result of your food and the noisy fan. Been there, done that. If my finding humor in that hurt any feelings, I apologize. I tend to forget how sensitive everyone is today.

Still trying to figure out what swapping oil filters half way through an OCI has to do with anything and why you would do it in the first place...

WD40 is not a lube
WD40 is not a lube
WD40 is not a lube.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back