U-Verse Elite (6Mbps)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My neighbor is moving, so there goes my internet bill splitting buddy.

So I need a cheap and good enough internet, and keeping my outdoor TV antenna without having to drill holes in my house. From my understanding Comcast uses the lower frequency as well these days and I cannot just splice in an antenna and expect it to work with the cable modem on the same line, and without going for cable tv that's not going to work well.

So AT&T's cheapest internet that's good enough for me seems to be the 6Mbps/1Mbps U-Verse Elite (ADSL2+), they are no longer selling "DSL" and you have to rent the modem for $10/mo instead of buying your own. This means $40/mo for 6/1. If I add $10 I can go to 24/3, or if I go to sonic.net and get their x1, it would be a bit more but get a voice line and no cap.

Is 6/1 good enough for PBS Kids video app on iPad air 2?

You should be good. We had 5/1 DSL for probably 7 years and it was virtually free (think it was like $25 a month). We upgraded last year but never really had problems.

6/1 works fine for 480i video and sometimes 720p with one device.

You cannot watch Comcast over a cable wire without a converter box rented front them. First included additional $10/each.

I used to have cable basic net at 5 down/1 up and after I bought my Docsis 3 SB6120 in 2010 and made my IP Static, my gaming was better. Never did wifi,only Cat 6e cable and it was fine. Ran better after 10pm and it was only awful when xbox and PlayStation had big downloads for new maps.Video chat was choppy with my buddies across the pond but I did the best with what I had.

Got it installed over the weekend. ATT forgot to connect my lines at the VRAD when they last upgrade their equipment, but after the tech fix that it was good.

Fast enough for me, but the modem / router seems to get stuck once every few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back