Severed Comcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al

Almost. Still have their internet but phone and TV are gone. Bill is now $80.50 including tax. Roku stick is next. After that I will be stepping out of ATT and going to Consumercellular.

Yikes!!! $80.50 for Comcast internet? We pay $50 even/mo on FiOS for landline and 25MBPS up/down FIOS.

Be firmer with them. Call back again and again.

I ditched the Crime Warner cable a while back. Wasn't worth $150 a month + eqiupment rental fees for me to watch TV 3 hours a week. I now have a low tier Internet package, providing my own cable modem, for $30 a month. Works for me.

I did that about 2 years ago. Wish I would have done it sooner. $2800 in my pocket.

yep, $70 here for 25mb internet. I was $40 for the first year, now 70. For $10 more ($80) I can get 75mb down, but that doesnt raise my data cap, so I would just hit the cap faster.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Yikes!!! $80.50 for Comcast internet? We pay $50 even/mo on FiOS for landline and 25MBPS up/down FIOS.

I don't have the option of fios. Not possible to get them down further. Once this gets straightened out I will get rid of their router which gets it down to $70.

What do you pay for TV/Month. I pay nothing.

I was going to get rid of ATT but I called them and now I get 24mbps internet and Directv with DVR and 2 HD boxes for $79.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: JBinTX30
I was going to get rid of ATT but I called them and now I get 24mbps internet and Directv with DVR and 2 HD boxes for $79.
grin.gif

great. For how long?

1 year (which the contract is up then and you can negotiate the same pricing). But It's cheaper then when I signed up. The internet Is not on contract but I got contract pricing and then some.

Originally Posted By: Al
Not possible to get them down further. Once this gets straightened out I will get rid of their router which gets it down to $70.

if you can live without them for about 1day-1.5month, then tell them you are cancelling them.
you either:
-got redirected to the customer retention department and they have the power to give deals
-disconnect, pay last bill, call and activate on your wife name/SSN AS A NEW SUBSCRIBER. search the threads for the recommended retail modem router. it will pay itself in 6-11months

We pay $50 even/mo on FiOS for landline and 25MBPS up/down FIOS.[/quote]
Comcast (Xfinity) is great here. $75.14/mo:

Speedtest-2016-09-30.png

Never notice a slowdown, even with 2 TV's streaming Netflix.

I have the same plan and cost and gives me 100down/10up which is perfect for my remote IT job.

The nice thing about Comcast is they are exceptionally reliable. I bill by the hour and only recall one outage non weather related for 30 mins in 7 years. Fios used to have uptime issues but they likely sorted themselves out.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

I don't have the option of fios. Not possible to get them down further. Once this gets straightened out I will get rid of their router which gets it down to $70.

I too pay nothing. Ive always boycotted cable.

Cox for cable internet here. Crazy pricing too - every year I have to threaten to cancel to get a $5-15/mo discount.
This year they didn't discount, so I went down a step in speed. Not noticeable, really. You can always get a "discount" when you upgrade your speed, vs downgrading, so we'll have that option open again. Really wish we had competition. Only other options are DSL.

Almost. Still have their internet but phone and TV are gone. Bill is now $80.50 including tax. Roku stick is next. After that I will be stepping out of ATT and going to Consumercellular.

You are getting porked! I pay $139 from Comcast for tv( includes HBO/Starz/Streampix ), phone, and their fastest internet. $10 for DVR and $10 for a modem. No way I would pay $80 just for internet.

If you have been a long time customer call them back and keep asking for someone else until you get a good deal.

Or you could be like me. Only thing available at my house in a suburban city of 120K people, is DSL internet and TV through the phone company. That and satellite. My DSL internet goes out 10 times a day and the technicians just say sorry, nothing we can do.

Every neighbor on my street has Comcast, and I would love to have Comcast as well, but they flat out refuse to run the line. Manager said it couldn't be done, district manager said it couldn't be done. My response? "We a put a man on the moon in 1969, and you cant run a line from my neighbors house to my house in 2016?" Nope, cant be done they say.

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI

You are getting porked! I pay $139 from Comcast for tv( includes HBO/Starz/Streampix ), phone, and their fastest internet. $10 for DVR and $10 for a modem. No way I would pay $80 just for internet.

If you have been a long time customer call them back and keep asking for someone else until you get a good deal.

I got them down to 142 including tax. But that required a 1 year contract. I wasn't happy with that. Iwas their customer retension department twice. I didn't see the 11 tax on your bill which takes it up to $150. But anyways 142 sucks (IMHO). Like I said when I own my own box it will be 70 including tax. I can deal with that.

My son has everything on Fios for $110 including phone, TV, 70mbs internet..

Last edited:
$100 for Triple Play is easy to get indefinitely, often with HBO. And if you can't swing it, close and reopen the account in your spouse's name.

I'm on my third year of Internet Plus for $50. Includes local channels and HBO.

I am a little surprised I get these deals because the only competitor is AT&T and their deals are not that good.

$40/mo with 3 TV's and DVR service. DirecTV bundled with AT&T Cell service.

Yeah, there's no screaming deal in 'breaking the bundle' with TWC. I hate it, but I pay $174 for TV with DVR, internet and land line. Just interwebs would probably land in the $70/mo range.

One of our biggest issues is, we can't get cell service at the house without high speed internet. We need a network extender for cell service and that stupid thing is forever flashing a red "system" light or "GPS" light which renders it useless most of the time. Thus the need for the land line with 4 young kids.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back