Honda's HTO-06 Spec?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any of the first turbocharged Honda (Civics) in the U.S. market (AFAIK) take a syn 5W-30 with this spec? Or will it only be the Civic Si?

I always thought it was meant for the original Acura RDX which was turbocharged.

Afaik, Honda specifies 0w-20 fo all new generation Civics, turbo or not. You can google "2016 Honda Civic Owner's Manual" if you'd like to explore further.

Originally Posted By: wemay
I always thought it was meant for the original Acura RDX which was turbocharged.

Yeah, there is no Acura in many other markets so the RDX was a Honda...

Yes, i'm aware Honda/Acura are like Beer and Hops
beer3.gif
. I was advising what that spec (HTO-06) was for. The current Civic turbos do not spec HTO-06 as Danh suggested.

http://paultan.org/2015/10/19/2016-honda...t-transmission/

I know. I didn't realize the manuals were all free and posted online at their site.

I suspect the new Si might be HTO-06 but who knows?

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
I know. I didn't realize the manuals were all free and posted online at their site.

I suspect the new Si might be HTO-06 but who knows?

That's an interesting thought. I haven't seen any information regarding that vehicle's oil spec.

Well, what about this one?:
smile.gif

20.gif
11.gif

The Next Honda Civic Type R Has Arrived, And It Wants To Punch Every Other Hot Hatch In The Face

Honda has revealed the Type R version of its 10th generation Civic in prototype form ahead of the Paris Motor Show
Remind me later

dde088edd4afcda6e29e3ff3a9e29ba0.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen: lock up your VW Golf Rs and Renaultsport Meganes, because the new Honda Civic Type R is here. And [censored], does it look angry.
efb78eb49f8bb34f1e70ba8a4702a431.jpg

It’s been revealed ahead of its the Paris Motor Show debut in prototype form, and while previous reports had indicated that the 10th generation Civic-based Type R would have its looks toned down compared to the crazed ninth-gen car, but if this prototype is anything to go by, that isn’t going to happen.

We have a front splitter, a pair of side skirts and a rear diffuser made from carbonfibre, a huge bonnet vent, and of course, a spoiler of Brobdingnagian proportions sitting on the boot. To up the visual aggression further, the show car is finished in a “highly reflective, finely-grained brushed aluminium-effect.”
cb14eca89be197518bd9fab2604dcb98.jpg

And that’s about all we know for now. Under the bonnet we’re expecting the same 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder as seen in the current Type R, albeit with a little more power on tap. A figure closer to the 345bhp enjoyed by the Focus RS, we’re thinking.

A production version will be revealed next year, and yes, you will be able to buy it in North America for the first time.

LINK

That spec, as far as I am aware, only applied to the 2.3L Turbo four cylinder in the 2007/2008 Acura RDX. A very small number of these cars were ever imported, perhaps 5K to 10K cars. Kind of odd a to have a spec like that for such an obscure car.

By the way, I do the oil changes on my sister in laws Acura RDX 2.3L turbo car and I make sure to use HTO-06 spec oil. She had it changed at a shop before and they always just used Castrol conventional.
mad.gif

The 2.3L intercooled Turbo is an AMAZING engine. It's a shame that they didn't roll that engine into other car lines (or did they?)

I can floor my sisters car and it will flat out smoke 98% of the cars on the road. It screams. I believe the horsepower numbers are drastically underrated.

I'm not sure if Acura thought they were going to sell more here or if the spec was mainly for off shore turbo Hondas. The Honda RDX was big in China..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back