Ordered a 2017 Subaru Forester 6M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sold my 2003 Nissan Maxima and ordered a 2017 Forester 2.5i Premium in Jasmine Green with the manual transmission. Apparently nobody else wants a stick shift in this market, so I had to wait 6-9 weeks. It will be here in November. My motorcycle is my main transportation until then.
Does anyone else have a 17 Forester? Supposedly improved a bit on on the 16 model. Hopefully we enjoy it.

I just helped a friend in Pennsylvania buy a 2017 2.5 Premium CVT. I enjoyed the test drive.

I did see some visual improvements over the 2016, and I think the entertainment system might have been as well. The upgrades over my 2013 are huge.

Does it have the big yoko G91 tires? 225/60R17.
They are great(at least in the dry ...) Got almost 50K on them. Massive Sporty adhesion for a base wheeltire combo!

Last edited:
Aluminum hood hahaha weight reduction for rally racing! I read the 17 has noise reduction, better infotainment system, and couple other minor tweaks over the 16. I'm still a fan of the original generation that came over here in 98 or whatever it was. I sure hope we like it, most expensive car I've ever bought. Only other new car was the 13 Corolla. Still wish I bought the stick version but got a good deal on the auto. Wife drives that car, I'll be driving the Forester.

Last edited:
Limo Like back seat legroom. This has to be the roomiest, lightest, most fuel efficient, affordable compact SUV on the market. Excepting the Mitsu Outlander, possibly.

Ours rides REALLY hard and bouncy though ... hope they fixed this; Maybe just wrong shock valving from the OE. or spring rate. Or both.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Spouse gets about 32 MPG ave!

Dang! I averaged 26-27 in my 2013. I attribute much of that to the poor final drive ratio. They've made many improvements.

Great choice.....if I fit I would own a Subaru.....any increase in the interior volume for MY '17?

Originally Posted By: Kuato
Great choice.....if I fit I would own a Subaru.....any increase in the interior volume for MY '17?

I don't believe so. The passenger compartment is very tall though. I had about 6" over my head, and I'm 5'10". The Outback is longer if it's leg room you're looking for.

Originally Posted By: Bandito440
Originally Posted By: Kuato

I don't believe so. The passenger compartment is very tall though. I had about 6" over my head, and I'm 5'10". The Outback is longer if it's leg room you're looking for.

Thanks...guess I should go take a test drive or two....

How was the dealer when you said you wanted only a manual? Did they still haggle or threaten that they couldn't deal like they could with the inventory on their lot?

I also tend to believe that it's the dealerships that don't want to order manuals, not that people don't want them...

Yes, lots of room in a new Forester. They are nice to drive, comfortable to be in, versatile and easy to get in/out of. It's the most bang for your buck when it comes to a Subaru IMO. I went from a 2012 Legacy to a 2014 XV Crosstrek and then to a 2016 Forester. It's my favorite Subaru so far. I've had my 2016 since October 2015 and have just under 19K miles on it. It's been flawless.

I wanted th base model but the wife wanted the premium so we ordered the premium. Talked directly with the sales manager and he was able to give us a price about $2000 under sticker which is really good compared to other people I talked to. No dealers in Southern California really order manuals because nobody buys them here. I was surprised how roomy and airy feeling it was inside and the ride seemed nice enough. Pretty quiet too. I ordered the all weather mats, cargo area cover, seat back protectors, the cargo area mat, and that rear bumper protector that goes on top. I see that area of the bumper chewed up all the time. Only plans are a tow hitch and ceramic tint all the way around and maybe some custom fit seat covers. We have our first baby on the way and I don't want it getting all stained. I'll probably get a roof basket for when we go camping and such.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back