What's with this creepy clown phenomenon going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure it's just a fad, but man people are being stupid.

I think I got another email from the university about another incident.

And yes, some of the dumber ones will find themselves in a situation they would not want to be in ie messing with the wrong person.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Wasn't until my daughter did my makeup for last Halloween that I realised how many people don't like clowns.

IMG_20151031_214815.jpg

You're a band member from Insane Clown Possey and I claim my $5!

Quote:
According to an online statement Tuesday, the County Sheriff’s Office and ----- Police Department commented that the Halloween season is a time that allows for children to dress up in costumes as different characters and people, have fun and go throughout the neighborhoods collecting treats from their neighbors.

That said, the statement also noted that, “Anyone caught using this opportunity to use these costumes with only the intent to scare people and cause disturbances in the community will be arrested.”

The Flora PD explained that such actions are no different than disorderly conduct or disturbing the peace if it’s done in a malevolent manner to purposely disturb another or disrupt the peace.

The statement mentioned similar activity has been reported to local law enforcement, and that the subjects involved in those incidents were juveniles attempting to play pranks on their friends, but they are still being investigated.

Residents were cautioned that when dealing with any suspicious activity and immediately report it to their local law enforcement agency.

Can someone explain how this is even constitutional? The key word here is INTENT.

They failed to mention that for ADULTS the souls of the dead were supposed to revisit their homes on this day and the autumnal festival acquired sinister significance, with ghosts, witches, goblins, black cats, fairies and demons of all kinds said to be roaming about. It was the time to placate the supernatural powers controlling the processes of nature.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Originally Posted By: andrewp1998
Originally Posted By: JeepWJ19
Originally Posted By: OldEuroCarLover
A kid was stabbed to death in Reading, PA on Monday. It seems to be related to all this clown [censored].

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/26/pol...ly-stabbed.html

That is so messed up.

The worst thing is that I live by the woods (right in my backyard) so sometimes I get freaked out that there might be people back there. Guess I gotta lock my jeep when I'm driving now too.

Get your weapons ready or get a big protective dog, motion lights or dawn to dusk light out back. Im not a paranoid person but PENN IS not the place to be right now..

You sure about that?

Yes Iam sure, but if he is worried then go do something that make you feel more secure..

Last edited:
why redundant? its a simple thing to do on a back porch, back door or flood light.. the light comes on when it gets dark and goes out when the sun comes up.. It doesnt have to be a super , bright, obnoxious motion light.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Ducked
Originally Posted By: lucas01230
I'm going into the criminal justice career.

08388416-photo-clubic-mars-batman-09.jpg

Watch out. Next it may be Penguins.

I'll keep my eyes peeled...

I'm going into the criminal justice career.

08388416-photo-clubic-mars-batman-09.jpg

Watch out. Next it may be Penguins.

I'll keep my eyes peeled...

Hey, I resent that.

Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
Quote:
According to an online statement Tuesday, the County Sheriff’s Office and ----- Police Department commented that the Halloween season is a time that allows for children to dress up in costumes as different characters and people, have fun and go throughout the neighborhoods collecting treats from their neighbors.

That said, the statement also noted that, “Anyone caught using this opportunity to use these costumes with only the intent to scare people and cause disturbances in the community will be arrested.”

The Flora PD explained that such actions are no different than disorderly conduct or disturbing the peace if it’s done in a malevolent manner to purposely disturb another or disrupt the peace.

The statement mentioned similar activity has been reported to local law enforcement, and that the subjects involved in those incidents were juveniles attempting to play pranks on their friends, but they are still being investigated.

Residents were cautioned that when dealing with any suspicious activity and immediately report it to their local law enforcement agency.

Can someone explain how this is even constitutional? The key word here is INTENT.

They failed to mention that for ADULTS the souls of the dead were supposed to revisit their homes on this day and the autumnal festival acquired sinister significance, with ghosts, witches, goblins, black cats, fairies and demons of all kinds said to be roaming about. It was the time to placate the supernatural powers controlling the processes of nature.
Did you read the post? Probably not or you would have noticed the language regarding intent.

So to sum it up:

Citizen: Something that is causing no tangible problem really bothers me.

Police: Is it something we have seen before?

Citizen: Not really.

Police: Well in that case, we're scared too. Time to upgrade to Defcon 1.

Seriously, if it were men wearing no clothes at all, the police would be doing less.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
So to sum it up:

Citizen: Something that is causing no tangible problem really bothers me.

Police: Is it something we have seen before?

Citizen: Not really.

Police: Well in that case, we're scared too. Time to upgrade to Defcon 1.

Seriously, if it were men wearing no clothes at all, the police would be doing less.
Enforcement of disorderly conduct statutes is not that simple as that. If the appearance and/or actions of a "clown" causes folks to go after their ball bats, its "disorderly".

How long will it be before we have a "Clown Lives Matter" group claiming they're being oppressed by the police?

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Enforcement of disorderly conduct statutes is not that simple as that. If the appearance and/or actions of a "clown" causes folks to go after their ball bats, its "disorderly".

That's called a "personal problem". Not disorderly conduct.

I thought I read the clown thing was a guerilla marketing campaign for some (probably [censored]) horror film. They were on a local college campus yesterday I guess...

why redundant? its a simple thing to do on a back porch, back door or flood light.. the light comes on when it gets dark and goes out when the sun comes up.. It doesnt have to be a super , bright, obnoxious motion light.

You're right, It doesnt have to be a super , bright, obnoxious motion light, because nature has provided one.

dawn to dusk is daytime.

You're right, It doesnt have to be a super , bright, obnoxious motion light, because nature has provided one.

dawn to dusk is daytime.

I means dusk to dawn,, lol

Hah, funny that article mentioning Shippensburg. I think it was about a month ago someone made a post on Facebook about one at the Sheetz on 16 in Greencastle (40ish minutes away). I laughed and went on with my day. Couple days later people were saying there was another one in a neighboring town Mercersburg, which is just down the mountain from me. People with nothing to do, I'm glad here in Fulton County most people don't even know what a computer is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back