Hybrid harder on engine oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Special seashore that - Labrador current meets Gulfstream and that heavy fog comes in sideways and keeps flogging you for a long, long, time ...

Originally Posted By: JoelB
I drive 5 miles to work in pretty extreme cold temps and I have never ever seen any milky residue on the oil cap. I've done this commute in many different cars for long periods of time and never seen it, how do you explain that? I think the Hybrid system is a majority of the reason why this is happening.

I don't know but a quick Google search shows it affects nearly every vehicle manufacturer. It may look nasty but truly is a non issue as long as it's not coolant.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jetronic
I've never seen mayo like that on a diesel though, and we have plenty of people short tripping diesels here... anyone care to explain?

Less fuel used, so less moisture into the sump? Gas has to run real rich at cold start, not sure that diesel has to run nearly as rich.

My limited understanding on HEUI direct injection engines has fuel dilution issues, is it alright to assume DI diesel generally runs rich ? IDK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back