I cleaned the intake valves on my DI engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious how do you think the two stroke oil that you add to your gasoline is going to come into contact with the valves if the gasoline never contacts the valves?

BC.

My brother's Cobalt SS turbo (2 liter DI turbo ecotec) has about 112000 miles on it and has fairly major cold start stumbling. He's dreading having to remove the intake manifold and do a manual cleaning. Is GM top engine cleaner strong enough to do the job? He was also looking at using Berryman's B12 but can't find a local supplier

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 55Test
My brother's Cobalt SS turbo (2 liter DI turbo ecotec) has about 112000 miles on it and has fairly major cold start stumbling. He's dreading having to remove the intake manifold and do a manual cleaning. Is GM top engine cleaner strong enough to do the job? He was also looking at using Berryman's B12 but can't find a local supplier

Nothing is strong enough to do the job but patience and manual labor.

Less patience is needed if you use a media blaster loaded with walnut. Smells nice on startup too.

Originally Posted By: dblshock
I'm hoping the TCW-3 I run in the fuel will prevent this in my DI Honda.

Research RLI Bio-Plus

Its what I'm trying for my 1.8T DI engine. Cheap per tank - cheaper than FP60/+/etc. You might find old threads on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back